1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Got as far as Newbury before appt for 1130 cancelled, so back home again. Unexpected planning afternoon, yeehar

2. Finalised a tender for a rather nice contract. Fingers crossed we can swing it before the holidays. :smile:

3. I didn't know you were a swinger ET
    you do surprise me :)

4. There's a first :wink:

5. Always a first time for everything ET ;-)

6. Went over to MADASL Racing and did some mocking up of my project, the seat looks a little SRAD but I like it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shaped the foam in the seat, ready for recovering:

[​IMG]

Yorkie

7. I've become addicted to Downton Abbey. Yes, I know it's 2 years after everyone else (I'm a laggard).

A friend lent me season 1 on DVD. Two episodes in, I'm hooked.
    This stuff is like crack cocaine.

8. Been into Riders in Bristol and seen them rolling in 3 new red 899's.

Also their sales guy was very pleasent seeing as that's the second time they've spoken to me in the 10 or so visits I've made and also the parts guy was very helpful in showing me the Shoei range.

makes a nice change

9. Go to your room till you are rid of the ghey! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I ambled in their on my 916 ten days ago, and chatted to a sales guy outside, he was nearly forcing me to have a test ride on the 899. In an encouraging way.

Very friendly and welcoming.

11. That's better.

Just booked the hire van to collect the FE from Nelly's.

#8671 deleteduser211220, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  12. Well, Jane Austen it isn't. Worth watching for the sets, props, costumes, staging. And Maggie Smith is always a treat. It's a good laugh spotting Julian Fellowes shoe-horning 'topical' references clumsily into the plot holes. I love it.

13. Got the new billet lightweight cam belt pullies on (red looks good in there)...
    [​IMG]
    Billet SpeedyMoto water pump & red Samco silicone hoses are on...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And part of the freshly re-cleared bodywork along with the re-polished exhaust is back on...it's all timed & tuned, 12K service has been done...now just waiting for my tail light to finish getting smoked & the head light to come back from California Sick HID's, going to be in the bike show in January then ready for riding!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bristol and back, good day in the office and just done a tough half hr on gym bike. Now spag bol beckons

15. watch out for the speed cameras!!!

did you stop, or was it merely a through destination…?

16. oooh, was this the second- risky- job option?

c'mon, spill the beans, were you playing air guitar live on the radio, or discussing the finer points of the costumes in Downton Abbey? or maybe a cookery programme, live on radio??

17. Have office in Bristol so stopped all day

18. Spent most of the day trying to reconcile (and failed) project data. Spend, forecast etc. these guys are paid a lot of money and I wouldn't let them run a piggy bank.

19. Worked in and out of the office today and this evening picked up No.1 daughter from the train station. She's back home for Christmas so the house is full again, and the wife has her brood back. Big smiles tonight :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Presenter guy I met (an Aussie - very amusing guy) suddenly phoned up and asked if he could interview me over the phone for a slot they do interviewing "ex-pats" (well, most of them are). Then he said, if I wasn't doing anything, could I make it to the studio in Geneva for the interview as it would be better? So I went along and did my 10 minute thing.

I think they'd like me to do something, but are probably wondering what. He had another shot at convincing me to be the tech expert, but I'm not going there. It would require me to spend too much time finding out about stuff I'm not that interested in, whereas there is any amount of stuff I am interested in that I'd rather spend time finding out about. It must be paid peanuts in any case.

Still, interesting experience.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information