1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Maggie Smith is a hoot.

It's actually worth looking at for everything. The acting is good, as are all the things you mention. But what I find most impressive about a good soap is how inventive it is. It must be astonishingly difficult to weave all the strands of narrative together and continually provide interest. You don't notice the time pass as you look at it, whereas with so many films you find yourself looking at your watch. Rather like the astonishingly overrated Captain Phillips, which I personally don't think anyone needs to see.

I now know what I'll be doing over Xmas. There's another 3 seasons of this.

2. been made redundant - though working til end of Jan

going out on the piss tonight with the UKMOC London massif

could be fun

• Like Like x 1
  3. Char......you really shouldn't be working till the end of January with the lurgy that you are shortly going to develop. You'll only infect the rest of them :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's rubbish news just before Christmas, hopefully you will have something lined up soon enough and get a good package out of the current lot, best of luck.

(technically last night) - I researched how I am getting the stator out of a Ducati 748 on Sunday Morning, seems simple enough, just time consuming. I did also nearly order a Oberon slave cylinder for the 848 Evo.

5. very easy for me to say but been unemployed 3 or 4 times it always leads to better things.

• Like Like x 1
  6. And lets not forget she is sat on a fortune :wink:

7. yes I'm not disappointed - staying the extra month gives me another years redundancy pay

not as if I do much anyway - well not work related

had one interview already - plus a few other 'things' in pipeline

the office is closing completely - there are 14 of us here - from Monday on there will be about 7

8. Told ya :wink:

9. that's woman for you.

10. you mean my arse is a goldmine? The very cheek

ps - it comes from years of riding horses :eek:

11. And pies :wink:

12. Sorry to hear the news Char, at least you've got a month or so to sort something else out.

As for sudden sick leave, I can help. I've just given up the day as lost, I'm in agony with this sore throat, my whole neck's swollen (more than usual before you say it...) and I've got cold sweats and all sorts going on. On the plus side I managed to pass it round Brixton this morning before giving up on the job.

13. Riding pies whatever next

14. I would offer to nurse maid you but Wantz is a full time job these days

That man flu is a nasty business

15. Sorry to hear that Char....hope it works out anyway.

.....tonight, couple of us going for beers, will more than likely end up being drunk.

Just ate a 12" meatball subway....in preparation.

Going into the city tomorrow for a few beers too...early in, early home.

Try and get out on the dook Sunday, if the roads ever dry out. Bare in mind it was 15 deg cel when I left the gym last night @ 730pm !

16. Xmas shopping in Newcastle. How people love to shop is beyond me. :rolleyes:

17. not people, woman.

18. Ah yes, I stand corrected. :upyeah:

I have been known to spend a few hours in my local Ducati dealer oggling the metal at times though.

19. 5mins for me. blair doesn't miss an opportunity.

20. Que?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information