1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Yesterday i made another terracotta army of gingerbread men and decorated them. 40 this year, up from 27 last (odd, as I bet I made the same quantity of pastry. Must have rolled them thinner). I won't post a picture - it'll just look like showing off (and they are now in assorted tins in any case). This year I am going to eat more of them and give fewer away. I think I appreciate them more than the people I give them to do. But then again, there isn't really a gingerbread tradition here. For a start, finding treacle and golden syrup is a challenge. You can find the latter, but I think I had to bring the former back from the UK.

2. just be your self. teehee just kidding.

3. cooked a raclette last night - my first attempt - probably about a 6/10

got another job interview this week

work is a struggle so off for a coffee break

4. It was a family matter and I made him look small in front of someone. He is a big man who thinks people look up to him in the village and not use to be spoken back too. He has blanked me since and can`t even look at me. Obviously can`t handle a enraged father ! Water under the bridge to me.

5. I'm so glad I live in a city (well the suburbs) I find that we are completely anonymous, although the small close we live in is friendly, nobody suffocates you. Both my kids go to a nearby village primary school and being part of their community has put me off ever moving to a village, it's like living in a goldfish bowl. They're so bloody nosy :mad:

6. I live in a small town where I know no-one, but everyone seems to know me. Slightly disconcerting.

7. very true. ok for me as i didn't move to the sticks for the craic but you do tend to stick out a bit.

8. To be honest I mind my own business but there are definitely busy bodies and do gooders !
    Perhaps that's why I enjoy my work so much :upyeah: gets me out of the village.
    nice place to live though and raise a family !

9. Many years ago I was a doorman at a local nightclub, maybe a couple of people recognise me from them days, I dunno. But I don't bother drinking round here cos it's quite clear my face don't fit.

10. Same here - That's because I look like a crim and I haven't got a knobhead voice (IE I'm having a 'high spotty')

AL

11. Just checked my bank balance --- yep, my legacy cheque has cleared --- that makes up for the heart attack.....

• Like Like x 1
  12. is it enough for a body transplant?

13. Having money is one less thing to worry about if one is ill.I would willingly give up all my bikes and money in exchange for getting my health back.Just a thought and no offence meant to anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Char - good luck for the interviews :upyeah:

15. Waited in for a delivery.Chuffed when JHP van pulls up and wheels this out of the back for me.

New set of wheels fitted - Check
    Carbon fuel tank back on - Check
    New bloody clutch slave cylinder - Check

Bike feels like it should again.Just waiting for temps to go up a bit to take it for a spin or should that be wheel spin.Last yr got the rear spinning well into triple figures during winter.Puts a big smile on my face for the rest of the day when it does that.I love this uncivilised beast with no TC etc to spoil the fun.

SNV30415.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. Today I have been in meetings in High Wycombe :rolleyes:

17. 200 mile round trip for a meeting and got my iphone screen replaced

18. Probably not, but quite a few boob jobs.........which I don't need........

• Like Like x 2
  19. Could you pay for me to have a boob job? It'd save me a bloody fortune on beer...

• Like Like x 1
  20. I live in a city.... It's f.kin quiet, you can hear a sparrow fart around here..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information