1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Been to check up on the SS gave her a wash down charged up battery.
    Started her up sounds sweet. I miss that sound and the smell.
    They are just so robust I remember now why I love them :)
    She started no problems

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345383822.694221.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345383822.694221.jpg

2. Lost iphone (think I know where it is - hope so).
    Can't find it by ringing it.
    Tried to get the Find My iPhone thing to work. Just got into a huge fight with iCloud, reconfiguring Apple IDs, passwords and god knows what else. No joy.

So incredibly pissed off with the whole "let's imitate Microsoft" Apple corporate bollox and obscurantism (not the user -friendly thing it is supposed to be, or was 10 years ago). Now lying on the grass, listening to radio Birmingham over the net on the iPad which has the Test Match Special on. Getting seriously hot, but you don't get brownish and healthy looking staying inside in the shade. (Body fascist? Moi?)

May conceivably be in a goodish mood again in a few hours time.

Maybe not.

3. Went for a sunday afternoon blatt around some Surrey roads, getting to know the 749. Holy crap it's fast, I really don't know how anybody copes with 848/999/1098 etc power. Then spent the rest of the afternoon being manly and fixing the missus' push bike.

4. sprayed my 851 fairings :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Did the 260 mile trek back from Preston, ripped down and old shed and sorted some storage, started 848 for first time in 3 months on first try. Next maybe i'll actually ride it! Oh and bought a carbon seat unit for it :)

6. Mine has a throttle that twists both ways :wink:

7. This!

IMG_0003_sml.jpg

IMG_0003_sml.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Had the foot I damaged falling off the ladder last week X ray'd.....2 broken metatarsal bones.....already started to knit out of line...do I leave them or have them rebroken and set ? I think they can stay as they are. Bloody hurts to walk though.....

9. Get it bust again and fixed....or you'll regret it eventually!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sat around all day in far too much heat hearing bikes tearing up the local bypass whilst i sit hear barely able to find any kind of comfortable position with a couple of cracked ribs...

I Had to go up into the loft space a couple of weeks ago and whilst turning round slipped and came down through the plaster board, landing on my chest and cracking said ribs, Thankfully i didn't come all the way down into the living room as it could of been much worse.

Always looks so amusing in comedy shows, trust me it bloody well isn't :frown:

11. Met up with Steve a.k.a birdie who came to my much needed rescue with a new clutch lever after my tip yesterday! Chilled out with my lovely man, son and springer then went to an evening wedding reception! Now Sat here trawling threads and thinking oh I've got to work tomorrow life's a biatch!!

12. New thread started!

13. I went out on my first ride of the new season after taking my bike off Rego hold (your SORN), Had a great time, I had forgotten how much fun it is to ride it through the twisties! I am a little ashamed to say it still has last seasons bugs splattered on it, and they've gone mouldy!!! Plenty of time to clean it next winter I suppose, I only did about 160 Km but will be back out in the next few days, can't wait.

14. Get it fixed properly. I'm 49 and in the morning I have less mobility than my dad. And he's been dead 20 years. Get it fixed or you'll regret it down the line.

• Like Like x 2
  15. It sounds really side-splitting ... no, really side-splitting ...

16. I broke a rib 4 years ago falling off a Multistrada, it really is painful. Dont laugh or cough, but you know that already.

17. Ooouch hope they mend quickly

I can only sit and listen to the bikes running up and down the road behind me :-(

18. I found my iPhone where I hoped it would be (in rehearsal room 15 miles away). Well, it was a good excuse for an early morning blast there and back - sadly too much commuter traffic to be really fun.

So I'm happy again now, but will do iCloud battle on Wednesday (there must be some way of understanding it. Surely?)

19. Be thankful you're not dealing with Microsoft, then you really would have a problem lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information