1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Get in there :D Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. First thing I went to the docs for my B12 jab. Came home and cut the lawns, weeded the borders.

Then I went for a ride for a couple of hours in the glorious sunshine :)

Then I had another shower, got changed and drove to Northumberland to stay at Doris's place for the weekend. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Who?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rs.... :( I'd not shave the door because that may well leave a gap big enough for slugs to find their way in... I've finally got round to replacing the bottom sill/threshold piece to prevent exactly that.

Removing the tiles has got to be the way and you could then have the door mat recessed into the floor rather than on top and sliding all over the place.

5. A little experiment to see how good araldite really is after the colander handle fell off :

repair.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Rise and fall hinges ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tape measures play tricks with the mind is my excuse.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. maybe?:thinkingface:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. get it in the random picture thread :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I did think of riveting it, using a hand rivet gun, but I doubt I either have a drill that's sharp enough or the skill to use it accurately on a shiny curved surface.

Latest news indicates the handle does appear to have held but the real test will come tonight when drained a, no doubt, large portion of spuds.

This is the reason why I always try to buy kitchen pans etc that have riveted handles.

11. Done :D

12. Oh rs... the experiment failed... looks like riveting after all (unlike this particular subject matter ho hum)...

failedRepair.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ..could you live with the two Molegrips attaching the handle? just a thought. :upyeah:

seriously, i "treated" myself (tight git) to some cheapy "Cobalt" drills recently as most of mine need sharpening or are lost. It was throwaway money so no great loss but was pleasantly surprised and went through stainless sheet like butter. Ok - maybe they won't do this after a dozen uses but looks promising so far.

• Like Like x 5
  14. is there a car body repair place nearby? they may have a spot welder

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ha-ha-ha :) I like your thinking
    I've bought those cobalt drills only once & that was for drilling the oil holes in a replacement small end bearing & they did the job.
    This time I went to Halfords & bought a cheapo set of bits so they should be sharp enough to begin with. I always forget & have the drill at too high a speed and end up with a highly polished dimple.
    And as an added bonus The Cult & She sells Sanctuary was playing on the in store music.

#91137 Andy Bee, Jul 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. It was the original spot welds that failed so I'm gearing up for a bit of riveting :)

And yes it has crossed my mind that I might be taking this a little too seriously... hey ho... :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Today was the last day of the V Raptor's MOT so took him out for a rather jolly biff in appropriately glorious weather before taking him off the road for a well earned refurb.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Went to a Porsche meet last night. Always entertaining.

IMG_9677.jpeg IMG_9678.jpeg IMG_9679.jpeg IMG_9680.jpeg IMG_9682.jpeg IMG_9683.jpeg IMG_9684.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information