1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Scunthorpe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sat on another DCPC course, and, yet again, training the instructor, because he doesn't know the rules as well as he thinks he does :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Went to an RSPB reserve, then had a great Sunday lunch on the way home.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Third and final day at Brands BSB. Walked the GP circuit last night , it really is a good thing to do you really appreciate the elevation and camber changes.

PXL_20240720_201003679.jpg

PXL_20240720_205240411.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20240721_111536556.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Saw a lovely Triumph Vitesse in the car park, my first car was a Triumph Herald but one of these would have been far too exciting for me at the time.
    IMG_3888.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  6. Nice hoon out on the Hyper to picked this up from a relative. A poignant reminder of my uncle's short life as a Lancaster wireless operator :(

PXL_20240721_172608672.jpg

PXL_20240721_172652157.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sobering final entries

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. pictures never do it justice. First time my wife saw the mountain in person she slapped me and said your not riding on that as despite me describing it 10 times and her seeing it on the telly she had no idea, she was much happier at paddock hill as above!

• Like Like x 1
  9. But today, I have had to suffer going into a meeting venue in Oxford street in London. It was bearable this morning but leaving and it’s crazy busy. I hate London city centre with a passion, left for a reason and a quick walk in the city made me realise how lucky I am going back to my flat lands of a village and seeing for miles in every direction every day

• Like Like x 2
  10. See Pets Corner lol

11. Loaded the bike into the van today. Setting off for WDW2024 tomorrow. Always a tense moment getting it up the ramp and safely inside. Getting it out is always trickier. :astonished:

• Like Like x 4
  12. The old man had one of these in dark green and I saw one recently and couldn't believe how small it was outside & in.

Grief, 3 adults & two kids plus all their luggage for a 2 week holiday got into one of those & took lord knows how many hours, pre motorway, to get from Coventry to Minehead.

And kids today.... :weary_face:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. ;)
    People were much slimmer back when you were a nipper.;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Well, I suspect there has been fevered anticipation as to the progress of the colander breakage. Hopefully this latest missive will also be the last as the drill and riveter was swung into successful action - although the inside of the rivets didn't crimp over as tidily as expected.

ouside.jpg

inside.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Washing, ironing, packing in readiness for my trip to Italy/WDW on Thursday.

Oh and I’ve cut the grass and weeded the borders too :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think i may have been overtaken by a stolen bike earlier. Was driving in a 30, probably a bit faster than I should, then a ‘24 plate BMW M1000XR went past me like I was standing still. Was all over the place, nearly had a head on collision. Then wobbled round a roundabout before disappearing into the sunset. Fucking moron.

17. Rode to Abingdon and back in the morning rain. Then down to Eastbourne to see my mum. Had dinner at local pub and rode home.
    280 miles on my little Striple. Why don’t all modern bikes have Sat nav and cruise control, it’s not costly to do. Very good bikes these 765’s.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Yesterday, did something I have never done before. Means nothing to anyone else, but amazes me.

2 drives over 300 yards on flat ground (ie not down a big hill…) and several not much less. Time to give golf up: I will never strike the ball again as well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. And there’s the addiction

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Good effort. I had a go at golf years ago now but was rubbish at the long shots, dont think got anywhere near that distance but pitch and putts could give a good effort with the irons/wedges and putter. Came about 3cm from a hole in one fairly early on, spent that summer chasing that goal but didnt manage it in the end. But can see why people might get into it though

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information