1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Doris decided she would like a new kettle for her kitchen, so we went to Dunelm for a look.

I came away with two gravity chairs for £37.50 (originally £70!) for the garden.

We'd better have an Indian summer!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Let's hope you didn't forget the new kettle as some folk would.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. She got that too......and paid more for that than I did for the 2 chairs:)

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Had to look up 'gravity chair'! Apparently there are anti-gravity chairs available too. Who'd have thought it, eh?

5. Received a letter this morning, from HMRC, saying that I have underpaid my tax, I am on PAYE, all the tax is worked out in my payslip by the payroll dept, it turns out, they are taxing me on my savings, which is money that I have already been taxed on :mad:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. Bastards

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. You are only allowed £1K of interest on savings tax free, anything over and above that is taxed.

8. Spend it all on more bikes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Left Kent at 5:30 this morning for a week away in the camper with the wife. Staying at Whitley bay tonight because of Dire straits and the Spanish city . Then onto lindersfarn and Scotland, coming back down through the lake District etc . All good so far.

PXL_20240907_111556610.jpg

PXL_20240907_112455617.jpg

PXL_20240907_123431932.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. Save your money on things that don't get CGT

11. Booked a 4 day/ 3 night mini break to France next week to run the car in. Mrs isn’t interested in sitting in the car for 6-8 hours a day, so I’m going solo. :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Still got the M5 so what's the new one?

13. 20240904_155703[1].jpg Walking the other day and saw this.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Bought another 911, but a new one this time, as had a few niggles with the last one.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Been looking at cars again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not a fat lot, because the weatherman is full of shit :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Think we’d like to see a picture of the new motor?

#91537 Carr01, Sep 7, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Went to Goodwood for tge revival meeting, part of which was celebrating john surtees achievements.
    Ago rode his championship winning MV and some other bloke drove his Ferrari. The other bikes he had ridden in other championships
    Was going to upload a video but the files too large

• Like Like x 2

19. IMG_0041.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  20. #91540 Carr01, Sep 8, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information