So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Head and shoulders above the other loser parties.!........perhaps they'd have a shampoo sponsor.;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Ooh Sir!

Interesting to know, especially the loaded bit, thanks. I need to ride a Pikes Peak for myself. In the meantime I’m really enjoying modding the 1200s. Mines a DVT by the way whereas yours was a previous generation 1200s, which by all accounts were fun bikes.

Haven’t they grown though.

3. The V4 is just shy of 40kg heavier than my 1200S and boy, do you know it :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Did you learn owt?

5. I’m off out on my bike in an hour or so :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Be sure to implement all the correct running in procedures
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Of course…..No going over 6k revs for the first 623 miles :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Actually having just looked out of the window I think I’ll leave it until this afternoon when it’s dried up a bit :/

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looking doubtful over this side also.

10. The course wasn't bad and was done with the right amount of levity to keep people's attention. The instructors struck me as having seen it all before and new exactly what to do to if someone started to mount their high horse. It helped to go with a completely open mind.

Much of it was a useful reminder of always be aware & concentrate along with stuff we probably do all know but have forgotten. The following did come as stuff I didn't really know:
    • When there is a speed change on a road there will be two signs, one on each side of the road, indicating the new limit. These are called 'gateway' signs and will often be at junctions. Where you'll miss them cus of all the other distractions going on.
    • When the driver of an electric car lifts off the 'gas' and the car starts regenerative braking the brake lights will come on and when the brakes themselves are applied the brake lights will be brighter.
    • They did the usual difference in braking at slightly difference speeds but wrt mph rather than distance e.g. at 31 mph you will be going at 8 mph at the point a car at 30 mph would have stopped.
    Oh, and one last thought that did come to mind was that all speed camera operators are neo-fascist pig bastards...

#91710 Andy Bee, Sep 21, 2024 at 11:40 AM
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2024 at 7:42 PM
    • Funny Funny x 4
  11. Well it was still miserable here. dry but miserable. But I decided to go out anyway, and I'm glad I did.

Once I got past Great Broughton it was gloriously sunny and the roads were empty and perfect :upyeah:

I only went to Helmsley so put on around 60 miles but I loved every minute of my ride out.

If the weather is half decent tomorrow then I'm off for a run out to Hawes :p

• Like Like x 5
  12. Laying on the couch in front of a zoom camera?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Sellers that refuse to follow eBay rules are best ignored & reported. Then you simply get the refund after eBay "step in" to resolve it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Wandered around Whitby
    20240921_144410.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Beautiful day but I had to prepare the boat for the coming winter...after that I get time for the 2-wheelers:
    - MTS 950S...new belts and valve clearance to be checked
    - ST2, new belts installed but valve clearance check needed
    - Triumph TR6 1967, valve clearance check needed

IMG20240919110006.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  16. Actually attended in person and they did provide a pretty good cuppa.

• Like Like x 3
  17. I've given them negative feedback already, they're now blackmailing me saying they will give me a full refund before i send the goods back if i remove the words, how very odd.

18. 20240918_130036[1].jpg Stop calling me a plankhead you bastards.:punch:;)////// you can't beat new scaffolding boards over used.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Report them again, with that message in a photo. The end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. enjoyed the heavy rain so far, hopefully accompanied by much thunder later on according to weather forecasts. If you can't beat it then just go with the flow.:bomb::splat::splat::splat::splat::zzz:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information