1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Ebay was a fantastic platform for selling ten years ago without the nonsense & redtape bullshit, now it's f'''ked like everything else, but i'll try.:)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Yep it used to be great, now I just leave all my bike parts in loft because I can’t be bothered with the messers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. download (1).jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  4. And from January all UK selling platforms are required to notify HMRC of all non trade transactions. Apparently it’s to ensure people pay tax on the money they make above the £1000 tax free allowance from selling stuff they no longer want. Andy

On further reading, this includes income from non UK sales sites as well and the limit might be £1800 or £1000 depending on your circumstances.

#91724 Android853sp, Sep 22, 2024 at 9:19 AM
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2024 at 9:45 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. It's seems that ebay/paypal have forgotten who put them on the map in the first place, boot sellers came indoors all those years ago making them vey wealthy indeed and avoiding paying huge / fairshare UK taxes, perhaps we should have a Junk page / thread for all goods to be sold on here.:thinkingface:

6. What, can you explain that? How is that supposed to work? Do you have an official source? Thx.

7. It's private property that tax has already been paid out in the first place, total two tier tossers.!

8. I think that people who make a living reselling used goods should pay the taxes due. Private individuals/ sellers will not be making a £1000 profit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Keep all receipts for everything and when you sell it second hand for less claim it as a loss. Greedy bastard government.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Or fair government using the taxes on profits, where made by commercial business, to fund the NHS etc?

https://www.hustleandslow.com/how-to-make-money-on-ebay/

11. eBay parted company from PayPal several years ago. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. In an idle moment, I followed a link to a financial article. Not sure of its pedigree but it’s not the first time I’ve seen headlines about shit sites like Etsy and Vinted being required to provide transaction details to HMRC. I guess it’s what used to be called the ‘black economy’. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Off to buy some life vests for the kayaking/ SUP trip next weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  14. If your anywhere near Dover Port in Kent they have a sale on at the moment as they have 100k on them to shifted.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Took Son to Snowdome Tamworth to learn to ski before his planned Japan long stay trip to their resorts.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Don’t think I’ve ever bought new scaffolding planks, likewise shovels, brushes, wheelbarrows and come to think of it traffic cones.
    Enjoy your first roof tile cut with a Stihl saw.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. I agree with this, but you definitely can make over £1000 profit on certain cars and motorbikes as a private individual...so what then?

Edit:
    Ps. For example you bought a Porsche or other low value classic car 15 years ago (911s were roughly £5k back then) The market goes nuts and your car is now worth £50k..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information