So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Maybe, but timing will be everything and the long term contract I’m on is running late by at least 5 weeks which means now it will run past its original end date.
    I’d like a Month out there if I could swing it…..

• Like Like x 1
  2. Did a small part of the Pennine Way
    Started at Cow Green Reservoir
    20240923_110407.jpg
    And Cauldron Snout
    20240923_152027.jpg
    Ended up at High Cup Nick

20240923_131234.jpg
    At this point I'm sure the closest person was sipping a cocktail at 35000 feet. It was gloriously deserted

20240923_121742.jpg

20240923_131217.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Might have been filming episodes of the quiz show Pointless… but I’m not allowed to say what happened until it airs!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Drove my Son to his driving test, which he passed. Then drove to a local cafe for breakfast.

Yesterday his MX 5 started misfiring after a quick look see previous owner bodged the connection to the ht lead. Then found out from a driving instructor that you can’t take your driving test in a 2 seater soft too. Doh.

Then had to quickly insure his Sisters A1 for him to take his test in (£14:00 per day)

#91767 DucatiScud, Sep 24, 2024 at 6:35 PM
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2024 at 6:42 PM
    • Like Like x 4
  5. that is great news N, well done to your son,:upyeah: the world is now his lobster.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Congrats to your son :upyeah:

Just out of interest, did he say why you can't take your test in a 2 seat soft top?

7. Thanks.

To be honest I feel I must take all of the credit for his pass I was his only instructor it feels like I passed the driving test twice now , phew. Indeed the world his now his lobster.

The reason given was visibility for the examiner, it is in fairness a very restricted view in his MX5 as the only window behind the driver is the rear end one there are no windows behind the front seats to the sides.

To be fair it is on the dvsa website excluding 2 seater cars and coupes, so it’s on us for not checking beforehand. Vans are also excluded.

But it also states that individual examiners can elect to proceed with a test if the test centre has completed a test in that vehicle which is a little contradictory.
    We felt it better not to push our luck, kudos for him though to pass his test in an unfamiliar car. He got 10 minors one of which was following too close to the car in front which I did often point out to him when sat in with him.

#91770 DucatiScud, Sep 25, 2024 at 7:59 AM
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2024 at 9:02 AM
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Put the deck chairs back into storage... :(

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Got beaten on the squash court, bastard younger people.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Well with ok weather i've moved two bikes today and sorn them, i'd to use the train service to get back as no folk around for Pete's taxi. I can't remember the last ride that i'd on rails but a very longtime ago, a shocking £8.70 for the single trip, no idea if they've a meal deal 4 me.
    20240925_120629[1].jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Reminds me of the two Ronnies sketch where Barker was dressed in a suit with his trousers turned up and beat a turkey cock red club champion Corbett 7-0, 7-0, 7-0 at 'squish'.

me.jpg

#91774 Andy Bee, Sep 25, 2024 at 3:30 PM
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2024 at 3:39 PM
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Good idea, the Sun will be glorious next week as a result of your actions.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Not today, but last Friday afternoon, I played in what will be my final cricket match of the year, which is always a bittersweet event. It wasn't for my own team as I had been asked to play as a ringer for another local side in a T20. I was also supposed to be playing in a season-closing friendly match for my usual team on Sunday, but it got called off due to heavy overnight rain with more storms forecast for the afternoon.

The weather on Friday afternoon was glorious but since then it has taken a distinctly chilly and autumnal turn, so it feels like more than 5 days ago. Bah.

Also, I only needed to take one more wicket to be the club's top wicket taker of the season (not bad going for a 54 year old competing with 20 and 30 somethings) but I was denied by the weather. I took a wicket in the T20, but as I was playing for a different team, it doesn't count. Double Bah!!!

I hate winter :tired_face:

14. Logged in to bid on an abandoned chapel in wales I liked the look of….first bid was way over my budget so that was that :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. got a link??

• Like Like x 2
  16. Took most of the day off, went to the Peak District, not many bikes about or cars so a nice ride round, ended up being out for about 8 hours, rained a lot on the way back, bike filthy.
    IMG_9835.jpeg IMG_9836.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information