1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Oh bollocks ! Forgot about that

2. Always managed to get the return back just in time.Luckily I don't do tax returns anymore-even have a letter from the tax office saying they are no longer interested in me.Just for me to notify them if my income exceeds my allowance or I go past my capital gains allowance.Must spend more capital on motorbikes I reckon:upyeah:

3. I've been lusting Over the photo of my soon to be collected Hyper . Scanning the net for a new lid and perhaps new onboard camera kit .
    Oh and hoping the weather stays as it is for a bit longer . It may be wet but at least no f in salt !

4. Sadly all company directors have to fill in returns. At least that's what I've always assumed.

5. That's correct. And that why you get your accountant to do it for you :smile:

6. One of the perks of being retired-although I would have liked to have carried on my business for a little longer.

7. Looked through the New Year's Honours list, and noticed that my friend Bruce Houlder QC (the Director of Service Prosecutions) has been awarded the CB. So pleased for him.

8. Spent the afternoon slaying baddies on Splinter Cell BlackList, now for a beef dinner and the last alcohol for 30 days.

9. Am I on it anywhere??

10. Tsk, how can you ask: You only bought him dinner once

11. Walked from Craster to Low-Newton-by-the-Sea via Dunstanburgh Castle, then back again (after a pint in the Ship Inn of course).

Weather was not too bad on the way there, but I was delayed somewhat by an air-sea helicopter rescuing some poor bugger. I hope he or she is OK. The paramedics had cordoned off the beach while the rescue was going on.

On the way back, it absolutely pissed it down, and with a driving headwind, made it quite hard going, but exhilarating at the same time.

Plan for tonight : Light the log fire, casserole in the oven, look at maps to see where I am going tomorrow, bottle of red. Bliss!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The other half ordered new ski bindings on line, they also arrived the following day, very good.
    I walked the dog this morning, the rain was merely torrential but it was good to be out early, the dog may not have thought so especially as she had to be hosed off when we got home to remove the mud.
    then I cleaned the oven, only an annual event in this house so quite satisfying as it is very noticeable.
    Walked the dog after lunch, torrential rain AND blowing a hooley, another hose off for the dog.
    off to watch the Hobbit part two, abandoned as the queue was outside the cinema, home, fire lit, hot chocolate with an espresso in it now waiting for Mel to finish off the Nacho's for evening meal.

• Like Like x 1
  13. His brother Noddy is a better singer....

:biggrin:

14. Just picked up my daughters smashed Fiat 500. Still drive able and no one hurt but it's going to need plenty spent on it ! Great start to the new year with a £600 excess !

15. Doh. Everyone ok is the main thing, everything else is just money and metal

• Like Like x 1
  16. A great start to the new year - the scammers are still out there :-

"My Dearest One, Good day, Please I really need you to stand as my Guardian patina. I am Ms Qattara Nora 20yrs old the only Daughter to my late Daddy. I needed your help to be my guardian patina in the management my inheritance from my late Daddy.

My late Daddy left the sum of $8.5 million u.s dollars in one of the finical house for me before he died. I want you to stand as my guardian and appointed beneficiary and the fund will be transfer into your account in your country. I will offer you 25% of the total amount for helping me to transfer the fund into your account.

I am waiting for your urgently reply so that i will give you more information and how you will help me. Thanks and God bless you and your family.
    Sincerely Yours,
    Ms Qattara N."

17. Well , what are you waiting for !

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's brilliant news!
    I wish someone would offer me £2 million just for supplying my bank details. Result!

19. 49 today and first day back at work.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Happy Birtday ! :smile:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information