1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Happy birthday!
    You timed that poorly, didn't you?

2. Woke up to find water coming through the bedroom ceiling - something leaking in airing cupboard above which houses hot water tank and header

Happy 2014

I need a plumber :mad:

3. Watching storage hunters on Dave. Ok it's all hammed up for cameras, but do they not understand the concept of an auction?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Progress at last today, finished assembling a fully refurbished racing mag alloy swing arm. It's got new bearings, spacers, bushes, Brembo 916 Factory Racing caliper, alloy billet caliper carrier, 998 cush drive, AFAM sprocket carrier, Renthal sprocket, pukka DP long chain sliders and carbon swing arm cover. Also managed to remove the standard 45mm headers without any dramas and fitted 996sps 50mm headers with new studs and nuts. New DP 30mm offset triple clamps all torqued up and I should be ready now to turn the bike round in preparation to lift the frame off the engine to change over the swing arm. Is that a light I see at the end of the tunnel or is it just some bugger with a torch coming the other way ? A few pictures of the swing arm up loaded to my album if anyone is interested. Andy

5. Applied for another job, going swimming later.

6. Been calculating and negotiating most of the day :smile:

7. Did Driver Awareness Training, got a text from Boss saying there wasn't much point in my coming in to work afterwards after all so met up with some mates at Loomies and went for a spin up to Odiham and back to S'ton. Slowly getting closer to finding suspension settings I'm happy with, still abit of fiddling left to do but a jolly enjoyable couple of hours in the saddle nonetheless :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Callout this morning, looking at the Guzzi's wiring this afternoon. I think I need to spend some money on the bike now:frown:

9. slid away at 3.00 pm so all was not lost :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Got togged up, pulled bike out of workshop, pressed button --- brmm! first ickle push (after what? five weeks?)..........40 very cold miles later, put it back inside and went indoors to thaw out........

• Like Like x 1
  11. Work this morning, took missus out for lunch and a bit of catch up on email this after. No gym tonight, as all the resolutions lot will be starting...Jan will be a month of 630 gym sessions :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are you writing a film script?

• Like Like x 1
  13. 5 mile walk along the coast north of Berwick-Upon-Tweed followed by a leisurely lunch in a bistro. Mmmmm

14. iv had to cook for my self two nights on the trot now? chillie deffo gets better with time.

15. edited for reality....
    :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just had a superb roast pork dinner and now drinking a Christmas beer called Rosey Nosey, quite tasty...
    feel like getting a bit drunk tonight, that will please her !

Not :tongue:

17. Rosey Nosey...yep i tried that. Nice

18. Day off so sauntered to the local music shop and came back with a Fender American P Bass. Picking up electric bass again after a four year lay off. Gosh my fingers hurt!

#9199 Bobthedog, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Good on you. Excellent plan.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information