1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. It's the bike I should have bought instead of the DT tbh, but I let my nostalgic heart rule my head.

I bought it on the basis of a few photos and a couple of videos, so hopefully it won't turn out to be a lemon when the seller delivers it tomorrow. These Pamps are very well regarded, there aren't many around, they tend to sell quickly, but there was no chance of me viewing it until the weekend at the earliest, so I rolled the dice..... The seller seems legit - very well spoken, used to work for Suzuki, knocking on the door of 80 and is still taking part in enduro events, so fingers crossed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. There seem to be plenty of the Bay of E and other sites, plus forum chatter suggests there isn't a shortage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I’ll bet you can’t wait to get it all covered in mud!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sorry to hear that about your son, hope he’s ok now.
    Basically we want them prosecuted for criminal damage to our hedge but the rats next door are saying it’s a highways hedge so they can cut it if they want to. Police want proof of ownership before considering it criminal damage against us. It’s obviously our property they just don’t want to be seen prosecuting pikeys.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. He's much better thanks. The headaches have stopped, but he has a plate in his wrist along with an ugly scar half the length of his forearm, his grip strength isn't what it was and it hurts from time to time. The biggest issue is that this injury was probably the final nail in the coffin of his ambition to turn pro as he's missed 4 seasons in a row - 2020/21 and 2021/22 due to Covid, then missed most of the 2022/23 season due to breaking his thumb (also required surgery, which the hospital botched) and he missed all but the final week of the 2023/24 season due to the wrist injury. He's had one fight since being injured, in late March (which he won), and he's done plenty of heavy sparring and bag work with no wrist pain or weakness, so fingers crossed all is ok. He's still mad keen and is fighting again in week or two, but he's resigned himself to the reality that it is unlikely he will be to make a career out of boxing as he's 24 and a half, he's a lightweight and although it is fairly common for heavyweights to be late starters, it's very rare for the smaller guys.

Re: the hedge dispute: Tbh, without being able to show that you own the hedge and have not given permission to cut it, there might not be reasonable grounds to suspect that an offence has been committed. The prosecution need to prove that the damage was unlawful ie: owner of the property did not give permission for it to be damaged. That is usually fairly obvious, eg: keying a car or throwing a brick through a window, so in such cases the police will arrest first and obtain evidence of ownership and absence of permission later. However, in this case there is, on the face of it at least, ambiguity about ownership and if it were to turn out that the Highways Agency own the hedge and did not object to it being cut, then the Police have a potential complaint and maybe even a civil claim for unlawful arrest and false imprisonment on their hands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Out of interest and from someone with no tattoos, how well do they retain their colour, how are they affected by UV, do modern inks retain their detail and colour better than past inks/processes?
    My grandad had Popeye tattooed on his forearm, got it in the far east when he was in the navy, so to be fair we are talking 60+ yrs and it was very blurred and faded. A guy I worked with had a whole sleeve in Pokemon characters and even in the height of summer he would keep it covered to, as he said, stop it from fading?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Holding queue, booted off, holding queue, booted off, holding queue, 2718 in the queue, buy tickets, cannot buy 4 tickets try fewer tickets, refresh, repeat many times……..60mins tickets booked for Stereophonics Principality stadium Cardiff Jul ‘25!

i know this will be puzzling to many but I’m very pleased :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Inks have improved massively over the years but even the modern inks will fade and blur over time. My tattoos from several years ago have already started to blur /fade a bit.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1

9. It's a bike I'm interested in too.. My Google foo failed to find anything official.

Do you have a link ?

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Ink’s have improved as has the actual methods to apply the ink. I’ve been told that to keep a tattoo fresh it helps to keep it out of the sun and/or put factor 50 sun cream on it and to moisturise it regularly using a suitable balm etc.

I intend to do that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. He seems to want to get across that the R9 is NOT an MT09 with a fairing. If it’s that good against the sector opposition, not sure why the hard sell, almost as if he’s trying to convince himself. Andy

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. I agree he is. You should hear them bang on about Ducati and BMWs, I swear they pay him to say certain things :joy:. The CP3 engine is so good in the Mt09 but it should have had a little more tuning for the R9 I think.

14. Thanks for that :upyeah:

It does look a little on the child size bike, which may rule it out for me and I'm not keen on the Wings, but I'll have to wait and see one in the flesh :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. With a 830mm seat height, the kids will need long legs :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I desperately wanted it to look like this , I’d of bought it no hesitation.
    IMG_3867.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. They’re a great Green Lane bike, low seat height and not much of a powerband.

I’ve hired them on a few occasions with this gentleman, who has run them for at least 6 years to my knowledge.

Probably a little too far for you but a great day out, usually ride out with him in Winter as the undergrowth isn’t such a hindrance.

https://www.adventureride.co.uk/

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. I’m aware of that company and was thinking of booking a tuition day for when I pass by that way in about 6 weeks time, but it’s not clear from the website whether/when they close for winter.

19. Usually from my bad memory end of November then starts back end February, depending on how he feels I guess.

He has a FB page that he posts on fairly regularly although not religiously.
    He a little crazy about crossing water obstacles.
    It’s a very pleasant day out with Bob and well worth the time and money.

You’re better off texting or talking to him, he’s more old school than techie.

#92059 DucatiScud, Oct 9, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2024
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. He sounds like the guy I’m buying the bike off. I had to spend ages teaching him firstly, how to add my number to his phone’s contacts and then how to send a video via WhatsApp.

I’ve just insured it online. The quote was £163 fully comp, 0 years NCB* with a £350 compulsory excess and £500 voluntary excess. When I got to Hastings’ website it gave me the option of removing the voluntary excess, so I did, and bizarrely the quote went down to £143! :bucktooth:

*I have 5 yrs NCB but I want to use it on a multi bike policy, and I am currently having full on fuckery with Bikesure over that. Long story, best left to the Frustration Venting Thread. :triumph:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information