1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. That could be a bumpy flight, given the weather today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yes, the flight left late and is taking longer to get here. Carole's daughter is not a good flyer o_O Andy

3. Walked along to the old port at Dinan, few beers while me and the dog watched the world go by. (Very nice some of it was…)
    Spotted this old girl on the way back.

IMG_1309.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. After a visit to Cloudwater Brewery went to an ‘80’s at the Albert Hall hosted by Sara Cox IMG_5230.jpeg
    Felt a bit like what cruise ship entertainment must be like!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. Took the train to that there London for a few nights to celebrate my birthday.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Enjoy your birthday celebrations :upyeah: Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Started work at 0830 and still going...an experience I haven't had for a while...

8. 10 mile walk near Grasmere

20241021_112509.jpg

20241021_112841.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  9. MOT van passed with just advisory on the rear brake discs.

• Like Like x 3
  10. After day prison spent it chasing the plumbers and the former IFA. :mad:

11. Where are you going? Happy birthday, by the way!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thanks.
    Going to see Dr Stranglove.
    Armando Iannucci is the director of this rerun featuring Steve Coogan at Noël Coward theatre.
    Should be interesting.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Got RSV4 ready for MOT yesterday (disconnected integrated rear light) put windsail numberplate back on....went to work this morning on it. Left at 11.30 (or tried to)....in the basement carpark, went to start it, engine turned over....didnt start...then noticed i was standing in a couple of pints of fuel.....grabbed some tools from the lab, lifted the tank, and it was my fault...missed one of the screws that holds down the fuel lines on the top of the airbox....ive stripped it a million times, luck of the gods but if that popped while i was on my way to work that definately would have ended up in a fireball for sure.....live and learn....bike passed the mot though, got an advisory on the front tyre as it was on the limit so changed that when i got home....

• Like Like x 2
  14. Struggling to come to terms with the reality that summer is finally over... Fly back from two weeks of this later today.

20241022_102821.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Where's that? We've been back from Kefalonia for a few days, and I'm already looking at where to get some winter sun, that's not a long haul flight away.

• Like Like x 2
  16. :joy: Trapezaki, Kefalonia :joy:

It's our second year here on the trot. Great place, lovely people and in October no crowds and prices are very resaonable. Yesterday we had this beach to ourselves for the sunset. Car hire was €265 for 2 weeks!

20241021_182818.jpg

Guess I don't need to preach to the converted though...

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. Happy birthday :party:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. After spending a few arm numbing days hammering a bolster chisel into the old kitchen floor tile grout (over an inch deep) I was leant a hammer chisel (which BiL had forgot he had). 1 new SDS bolster chisel fitted and it’s making mincemeat out of the old grout only a few feet left and some tidy up areas that were a bit beefy for hand tools to sort & I’ll be ready to PVA the floor & check for flatness/get some leveling compound down.
    Ps no idea why I get a USA flag on my Avatar , posting from good ol Blighty

• Like Like x 1
  19. Using a VPN?

20. Expecting a log delivery in a week, so cleaned up the plastic log store we have just outside the backdoor and bodged a plinth for it and another for the excess logs that won't fit in it and the larger wood store down by the garage.

plinths.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information