1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Spent 3 hours at Snozone Milton Keynes half and half skiing and snowboarding with my Son. I’m somewhat sore from stretching things that haven’t been in a while, still much prefer snowboarding though.

• Like Like x 3
  2. We went right through there on Friday! It's a good time of year to go, but a lot of places had already closed, in preparation for their "winter" where it never goes below 15 degrees!

It was quite refreshing to go somewhere where most of the people want to have a stress free lifestyle, and working 7-8 months of the year is normal, without all the trappings.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Belated happy birthday! Hope you had/have a good one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Shit i could definately go there for a holiday...! (Next year is the first time in 20+ years me and the other half will be going away...without kids!)

• Like Like x 2
  5. A roadtrip today as i was a little bored and the sun was shining but not on a bike. Dungeness was the target as it's been sometime since i'd it on the Paul Smart, Winchelsea, Rye tip toeing back through Battle & Burwash on the return journey. A mug of tea and chips for £7.25 was ok plus a few chips not quite cooked.
    20241022_133949[1].jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. I can't even access my own thread this morning and make comment that i started yesterday for some very odd reason.:confused:

7. Nice down Rye, I used to go down that way regularly when I was looking after the paintwork on Paul McCartneys boat that he kept down there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. It's very peaceful down that sector but much more fun on the motobike than car.
    Do you paint motorcycles as well.:thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Only my own.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Should be able too I tagged you in it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. @Ducbird Nope it's still says sign in, you just can't get the staff these days.:D.....i'll try later today, cheers

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. answered your own question :D

#92212 Ducbird, Oct 23, 2024 at 10:00 AM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 11:44 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Crikey Andy, and I thought my garage was a 'mess'.........:scream::dizzy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Enjoy your time away Charlie, after your summer trials, you certainly deserve it, as indeed does your partner who had to put up with your hobbling about and generally getting in the way, whilst contributing very little during your recover time! :cool::)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. That looks tidy to me :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Had I known you could have dropped in for a cuppa :grinning: Guess you were staying around Skala then? We stopped and swam there on the way back from Poros. Swam at Katilios beach too another day

Such a relaxing place. We travelled around the island quite a bit and even did a day boat trip to Ithaca. No rush anywhere, great food, scenery and beaches. Weather can, according to the locals, be dodgy at this time of year. We got rain one morning and a couple of days where the sun was interrupted by the occasional light cloud. The rest of the time 24/25ºC daily highs with maybe 15/16ºC at night. The villa was intended for 8 people but there were only two of us, a bit decedent I'll admit. We could have obviously stayed somewhere cheaper but it's position, infinity pool, internal space, garden, uninterrupted sea view and secluded privacy made it well worth what we paid (pretty reasonable considering).

#92216 Bumpkin, Oct 23, 2024 at 3:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2024 at 6:59 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  17. We stayed near Lassi, which in summer I'd imagine would be sheer hell, as apparently it's the tourist capital of the island. Fortunately, it was a good move, as not only was it quiet, but some of the restaurants were still open! The hotel we stayed at was at about 25% capacity, so it was very chilled. A villa sounds great, and something we'd probably do next time, but as it was our first visit, we wanted to scope the place out, with ease.

We hired a car, and also saw most of the island. Fiskardo was our favourite place, and quite fun in the summer I'd imagine. We tried renting a boat, but the company didn't come back to us, so we didn't do that in the end. Another reason to return. I had a look at their weather forecast earlier, and it's 25 every day for the next 10 days, so I'm still wondering why they've effectively closed the island to visitors so early??

• Like Like x 1
  18. Helped to move ~25m3 of house building debris...that has sat at the end of the garden for approx 16 years.

So this is what progess feels like :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. He-he-he - in my defence m'lud the garage is barely 3 x 3 metres and becomes pretty much full with just the two motorbikes in it - one of which is on an abba stand & partly disassembled. If you then add in a single tool cabinet, ladders, various diy & motorcycle ephemera it soon reaches the point where a 30 minute game of tetris is required when I need to do summat.

It's one of those untidies were I know exactly where everything is... ahem :D

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Went to the docs about a “dry mole” I found on my back a few days ago. The doc said it looks suspicious and is referring me to a dermatologist.

If it is what I think it is then this will be the third bout of skin cancer I’ve had, the first being a biggie 19 years ago.

Seems that surgery to remove these lesions is the only way I can lose weight atm :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information