1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. I think I'm now done for the day. I'm off to bed to read my book :upyeah:

2. Rebuilt my SS tank:

[​IMG]

More tomorrow, the underside and the pipes!

Yorkie

3. for the most depressing day of the year, i have been feeling quite jovial. :smile:

4. Weapons grade Thai green curry.

Feels like I sat on a mustard-coated cactus now.

5. Bit of work, home in time for a tester coat of red plastikote on tank, happy with the white number board so masked that up and managed an hour on the weights in the gym tonight

6. This applies to most types of chillies.

If you want to know before you cook, cut off the end with the stalk, wet your thumb and rub over the cut end of the chilli. Then apply your thumb to your tongue. Should give a good indication of whether lame or nuclear.

• Like Like x 1
  7. so as day two starts my boss is playing a 'selection' of tunes in the office

He is playing such gems as

Pink Floyd – wish you were here
    Police – I can’t stand losing you
    Tom Jones – Help Yourself
    The Jam – Beat Surrender
    Leaving on a jet plane – John Denver
    Small Town Boy - Bronski Beat
    Say Hello wave goodbye – Soft Cell
    a variety of Kylie
    and my personal favourite

Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff - YouTube

• Like Like x 2
  8. is he taking the piss?

9. Reply with "schools out" .......?

or perhaps a nice Slade" we'll bring the house down" .....

keep smiling!

10. yes he's taking the piss - they haven't given him redundancy but still told he where he will be on the 1st Feb as the office we are in is being sold on that date

any more suggestions are warmly welcomed

11. grab a cup of cold coffee go over for a chat, take a large swig and sneeze

12. Anything from Phil Collins's Face Value.

13. 4 coats of plastikote done, tank looks ok wet (for a home job done by an inept DIY'er) give it til the weekend and lacquer

now to rub the fairing down and have a crack at that, and find a seat unit..

14. I've decided on a new motivational tactic to get things done, based on doing them for 1 hour.

For example, today I wanted to ride my bike, read the instructional book I have on getting the most out of my DSLR, and practice my guitar. So I have decided to allot 1 hour for each activity, with a set starting and finishing time. This makes it easier to get things done instead of putting them off. I've been procrastinating many things for ages.

I figure that at school, you have days split into 1 hour lessons which you can't avoid. The result is that you get a lot done. When it's all down to your personal motivation, it's a lot harder. I will see how this tactic works out.

15. Booked Brittany ferries to Bilbao for 20th august and ordered some de cat headers for the multi to make riding round Spain enjoyable

16. Been to Stargazing live over at pompey dockyard this eve. Shame about the cloud but interesting to see how small, and cheap, the Mars rover is as well as some of the other stuff they send up there

17. So far today, I have failed to get to sleep, shivered, sweated and felt nauseous.
    Actually, I'm just glad my cold managed to man-up and do something finally instead of just sitting there at the back of my throat.

18. Went out on the hyper to see my old man in hospital, which, felt like Xmas, ( not the fact hes in hospital, the fact i havent been on it for what feels like an age ) for me anyway....a small window of dry roads and a mild evening....raining tomorrow so the rsv4 will have to wait...

19. So far today I have been awake since 3.22am :rolleyes:

20. looking like another busy day, good.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information