1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. my workload was removed yesterday so I have a couple of weeks in which to do nothing

bored already, surfing the net only make me want to buy stuff for the bike :frown:

I have a feeling they will last until about 3 this afternoon

2. Learn a foreign language on the computer.

• Like Like x 1
  3. good suggestion but I'll keep looking for shiny stuff

did French and German at school, it didn't come easy

4. Sat in these:biggrin:

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. A couple more.
    IMG_1368.jpg IMG_1402.jpg IMG_1400.jpg IMG_1418.jpg IMG_1424.jpg

These were taken at the Battle of Britain Memorial flight museum. Through one of the instructors on my course we managed to get a guided tour around the aircraft by one of his mates whos still serving!

To say I feel honoured is an understatement. Opportunities like this don't come up very often. The last time they auctioned this type of tour if went for £8k, someone paid £74K to fly in the Lancaster and I got it for free!

The guy who showed us round was a really nice bloke, who talked us though every aircraft for nearly 2 hours, put up with us taking photos like Japanese tourists and not once did he give the impression that he wasn't happy to do it.

The Spitfire I'm sat in flew in the D-day landings, there is one there that is the last remaining Spitfire from the Battle of Britain. The icing on the cake was getting in the Lancaster. It really make me appreciate what the aircrew in those days went through for us. All these aircraft, to me are a testament to our engineering ability as a nation, up there as the best. These aircraft are over 70 years old in most cases and still flying. How many modern ones will be in 70 yrs?

I've had the experience of a life time today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now to work on trying to get a ride in a Typhoon!

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. Lucky Fella, many years ago I had the privilege of a passenger flight in a Hawker Sea Fury, the very one pictured below, we were up for around 45 minutes, probably the most amazing experience of my life.

[​IMG]

#9386 Carlos Fandango, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Put a bee sting aerial on the car. Works just as well as stock, looks 1,000,000% better. Well worth £3.49

8. Made a rear light/numberplate bracket for the Guzzi out of a length of aluminium lightning strip stolen off some roof plant. Making stuff for zero pounds makes fig happy:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  9. nice bonus scored
    :upyeah:

just out of interest! were you tempted to go nananananana at all. ( pike style)?

10. Last night I went to see my new grandson in hospital :smile:

He's a proper bruiser and seemingly likes his food. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  11. just been offered a job, back in the North Sea and accepted, looks like I'll be a North Sea Tiger again

12. went to work

went home with a headache

popped into town

came back to work with some meringues from M&S

eat meringues all to myself

bugger

13. Couldnt help myself:tongue:

14. paid income tax:frown: and still manage to lower my tar intake.:upyeah:

15. I decided that I hate on line accounts,user names and passwords and going round in circles.Paperless society,not a chance.I print everything off anyway because I don't trust my laptop to last the night.So I have more paper now than when I had normal accounts with organisations.
    I now have to have a sex change as BT has decided I have turned into my M in Law.How did this happen-my lovely wife decided to put her mothers telephone bill on line and used my email address.Will have to sort it out I suppose,but not now,as I have had enough on line fannying around for now:upyeah:

16. Don't go near Apple IDs and passwords is my advice.
    You'll commit suicide.

17. My great-uncle is restoring a Lancaster. He's been at it for years. He's got 4 refurbished rolls Royce engines to go in it and they're hoping to get it flying.

18. If he has a spare one I'll have it off him, I'd like one polished and on display in the house, they're a work of art.

#9398 Carlos Fandango, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  19. One very lucky guy that Abmatt, if I could have a flight in any plane it would be a Lancaster !
    any how worked today and the construction industry is definitely picking up, I might have to add another couple of tippers to the 1 got last year :rolleyes:
    Tonight I put together a new wrought iron bed for us, the Mrs has been after one for while, me thinks an early night is in order :wink:
    off to Bournemouth tomorrow for a family reunion, no biking this weekend then !

20. Well thats the end of a week of disappointment, failure and frustration. No gym. No excercise. Loads of food. Some beer.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information