1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Still pondering it tbh. Lots of non orig parts and on a Q plate.

A good price though. Maybe ripe for an engine swap and track it.

2. Make sure it's cheap, that Q-plate makes it a sales leper.

3. Are you off snowboarding ET? It's just you haven't mentioned it? :rolleyes:

4. Blimey.......I thought I had :smile:

5. Crappy weather, so it has to be... cooking!

Sat I made a pork tajine with a load of veggies and spices, accompanied by a lemon and olive couscous and an apple yoghurt. A recipe from some restaurant in Australia, apparently. I liked the perversity of putting pork in a tajine (that'll show 'em).

Sun I did all the donkey work for my marmalade and made potted shrimps. You can't buy potted shrimps here, but I can get the right sort of shrimps over the border in France. First time I've done that. Very tasty.

Today I made the marmalade. Seville oranges, lemons, grapefruit. Some pots have Talisker, some cognac, some are just marmalade. Hope it's going to set now... The taste is the biz. It's quite a lot of work, but with about 24 jars, I've now got a 2-year supply, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Finnan haddie
    Parsley potatoes
    Greens

Scrumptious!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Went outside to put some tools away after repairing the toaster.....still pissing down. Went in the garage....looked at them for 5mins thinking.....its pissing down but I don't mind that I can't ride them right now.....the fact is I actually own them ( rsv4 factory and hypermotard )....nice...even nicer its " supposed " to be dry tomorrow....so I might get to empty the tank a little....

8. Had my 6 monthly Mot at the doctors and was pleasantly suprised that he would give me a prescription for a drug fairly new to the market that might help me with my illness.Got my old Triton ready for collection tomorrow by the guy who is going to re-build the engine for me.Helped Mrs Mervyn cook skate wings with a butter,lemon,and caper sauce.Quite a good day till I lost at cards.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tasty!

Fish is the foodie dish, as the Foodie Handbook has it!

10. And how many 3 mile bike rides in preparation then?

11. I can report having eaten a skate wing in a restaurant in Looe a month or so back! as being one of the best fish dishes I have had in quote a while. Ok not home cooked, but done to an absolute treat!
    in fact, on three nights I ate in three different fish restaurants -Looe still has a fish market so the supply is local and fresh.
    :upyeah:

12. Just the one :wink:

13. Another day another interview

14. Today I have been mostly eating painkillers. My wisdom teeth are ruining my life this week. I get woken up by the pain when the tablets wear off so I have to take more to be able to sleep.

I cut my hand almost in half in 2006 and got sent home for the night as there were no spare beds in the hospital, then went back the next day to have it all sewn back together. That night at home was more comfortable and less painful than last night. Wisdom teeth... whats the point.

15. Good luck!!

16. Can't believe my luck it's on a building site lol

17. Are you going for the crane drivers job? Just think......you'd have a "wide on" all the time :biggrin:

18. ...Gross

19. Wisdom teeth are a bastard. At least the solution is simple and permanent, but until it is applied, no fun. Good luck! I hope they send a few dentists to look after our servicemen in the 'Stan.

20. They do! But I'm working with the Americans and I'm not entitled to dental care. I will have to go to Dubai or just get on with it. I think I'll get on with it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information