1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. My project (a work start-up thing) appears to be making good progress today.

Other than that, I made a top soup with the by-products of last night's poached chicken, i.e. the stock, some of the parsley sauce, and the veggies that the chicken was poached with (celery, onions, leeks). Excellent creamy, tasty soup.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Craghoppers is good kit, wore my fleece to death.

• Like Like x 1
  3. And thats the red complete. Just a bit of whote, fimd some decemt trim tape and copious amounts of lacquer to go..

4. Finished laying 26 Mtrs of floor tiles and 478 (10cm wall tiles) it started as a good idea I think.

5. Signed up for a new diet regime. It sounds pretty drastic, but hey - no pain, no gain...

New Diet Regime

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, with plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each
    hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks.

Then try 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.

When you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks

• Like Like x 3
  6. carried on negotiations to get my butt on a 1199 :)

For work, usual monday staff meeting followed by a drive up to Warwickshire and back.

7. Good day today, my son passed his driving test today 1st time. I am we'll chuffed :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Oh and a 340 miles round trip for work

9. yesterday i suffered with tooth ache not to bad this morning so the dentist can wait.

10. Are you an American living in England?
    How do you find it?

11. I wouldn't wait too long because it'll flare up again really badly when a dentist cannot be had for love nor money - like a bank holiday weekend.

12. i'v managed the last 2 years should be fine ta.

13. Hi Glidd.Nothing for the Ducati boys to get excited about.Tis another old pile of Brit iron-a Triton.This one has the Slimline Featherbed frame which should be easier for me to straddle.My other Tritons are Wideline framed.This type of frame is a bit of a stretch although the purists say the Wideline framed bikes are better handling.All things are relative though as 50 mph on a Triton is pretty exhilerating-especially as a little thought in the back of your brain is asking-what's going to shake loose next.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Or how the hell you're going to stop! :upyeah:

15. Ah yes,always a heart stopping moment.Much easier if you can plan ahead.Luckily I never had to do an emergency stop.:rolleyes:

16. Today I have been sliding and jumping in the boarder park. I've done 60kms again and have allegedly used 4000 calories.

Tonight I'm going to a micro brewery and then having a curry. I have to replenish those lost calories. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  17. it cant be easy. personally id rather be at work.

18. Today i have shifted 1.2 Tonnes of Bridge Bearings by hand, twice!

I'm ready for bed now...

19. Sat on site smiling smugly as the foreman gnashed his teeth. He really doesn't like me:biggrin:

20. Went to work in the pissing rain again... full waterproofs, heated grips, perfect, snaked down a geasy slip road, 2nd gear wheely after tee junction, love this bike (1100 HYPER EVO), makes me smile every day.
    Hypercommutard

Do Not Sell My Personal Information