1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Yeah, me too.

2. Back on Earth, though, I looked at the Blackbird, and nearly decided to take it out. Glad I didn't, cos every odd-bod in Surrey was out on their bikes, horses, skateboards, C5s - yes, C5s- I'm gonna try to change my working hours so I work Wed to Sun, so I can have two weekdays off.

If you buy a Pantygirdle for road use, you need a check up from the neck up.

3. Good ride out today did 120 miles via loomies and h cafe

4. fitted Chars swanky new levers :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just been out on the rsv .Saw guy on a very nice streetfighter heading out on the bath road out of bristol....didn't go out for long, just to turn the engine over as I've not been out on it since October/November time...

6. Which RSV comfy?

7. Got up at 0915 :rolleyes: So change of plans. Spent all day in garage: bodywork back on (seat needs some brackets to do yet), garage emptied and cleaned up to remove all the dust from rubbing and painting, tried to start DR and having none of it. Spins lovely but just wont kick into life. Cant be arsed with it so stuck it in the van for storage.

Cleaned van with power washer, measured up to see where bike will go if I convert it to camper but van not really long enough but could get a bed above...so may still be a plan there. Tried gixer and that wouldn't start either so on charge to make sure battery full. Spacers I got wont do the job because the calipers have a recess for the forks to fit into and the spacers done fit over, so got to solve that before i can use wets unless i change the discs over.

8. or should that be wanky

9. No that was later :eek:

10. Man flu and a all day drinking hangover from Friday in our house - so didn't get out on bikes today :(

11. That was silly, best day for weeks.

12. stonking head ache for last couple of days, brought on by tooth ache. not going to keep on harping on about it. will make the call tomorrow,

13. the wifes just back from Edinburgh after seeing war horse on stage. strange thing is she has a lot more bags than she left with?

14. I've been catching up on lots of TV that I missed last week. Then this afternoon a mate from up north, that I hadn't seen for ages, called round after he'd bought a Honda CA95 off eBay from near me.

15. Spent most of the day jobbing round the house, when I should have been making the most of the good weather and gone for a ride.

16. I checked some nearby streets for potholes, took notes, then reported details of about 20 of them to the local authority using the Fixmystreet website. The last time I reported some, they fixed them within weeks. There suddenly seem to be a lot more holes and they have grown larger in the past few weeks, no doubt on account of the appalling weather.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Today I have been mostly wrapped up in a blanket.After a reasonable week my thermostat went and I went into frozen mode-pity it was such a sunny day.I think in a previous life I was a Ducati with a dodgy regulator.
    Things have picked up in the last half hour as I bid on and won the bike I had been lusting after.Sorry,not a Ducati,but a 750 Triton with all the bells and whistles.
    Will post up photos this week if anybody interested.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Today I mostly disembowelled the CBR so I can get the frame and swing arm powder coated. Not a huge amount more to do, swing arm and engine to come out, and it's good to go.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9698 philoldsmobile, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  19. Slept some more.

20. ogled the exhaust pipes that I polished yesterday every hour on the hour :biggrin:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information