1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. spent far too much on titanium reading glasses :rolleyes:

bloody specsavers

2. Hope you got your other pair free.Or have they stopped doing that?

3. How long before the obvious joke comes along?:wink:

4. staring out the door watching the snow come down. perrty!

5. yes two pairs of titanium glasses :upyeah: still fookin expensive though - although still about the same as one pair of designer Oakley

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, still got dry feet. I reckon that's it, can't see my street flooding now. The thames is almost up to it's 1947 high, much higher than last time I got flooded in 2003 or thereabouts; this proves to me that we were deliberately flooded last time. I haven't got a problem with that, the water has to go somewhere, I just wish the authorities would be honest about it. It would have saved me two months of fretting this time:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. my ducati got wet riding home had to clean it again only did it sunday it was gopping though ! roads are covered in shite

8. Spent most of the day tearing my hair out at work. I could only calm myself by musing as to when the daily mail is going to blame the flooding in immigrants. (And they will)

Also discovered that the Yorkshire accent was derived form someone with hiccups.

9. We had an interesting conversation at work today, with a Yorkshiremen on our team.

Mgr - "Lance, you're on Nights the week before you leave the contract."

Lance - "I'm not doing nights my last week""

Mgr - "You have to, man, it's not fair on everyone else on the Team if you don't."

Lance - "I don't give a fuck about the Team."

Mgr - "That's cold, Lance!"

Lance - "I don't give a fuck. I'm leaving."

Me - "There's only one thing Yorkshiremen really care about and respect - that's men from Lancashire."

Lance - "Huh?"

Me - "Don't you hate Lancs folk? All Yorkshiremen hate Lancashire folk."

Lance - "I don't give a fuck about Lancashire."

Mgr - "Oh, it's OK, there's a mistake in the rota, you don't have to do nights that week."

Lance - "So?"

"Well, that simplifies things, doesn't it?"

Lance - "No. I don't give a fuck."

All through the conversation, I sensed there was a common theme or idea. "The Yorkshire accent is strong in this one."

10. Been in the garage fitting a new battery...... strange how a few weeks without firing the bike up seems like forever, got moaned at once back inside wife thought we had had an earthquake or so she say's.

11. I wonder what caused the 1947 high. Global warming/climate change?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Inclement weather at a guess, same as this year...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Today I was talking to Mike from FP Racing in California & we have decided to go with the Galfer SuperBike Rotors, anodized with custom 1 off carriers & laser etching...he will also design & build me a full floating custom rear rotor to match the fronts....Monday this project will most likely start...I will put up pics once all of this is done...pricey yes but it will be well worth it!

We will be using the Galfer SuperBike front blades but the rear will be a complete custom design full floating rotor for our bikes...maybe some of you will like it & Galfer likes it they may mass produce it through FP Racing where you can choose different anodizing colours for the carriers & buttons to personalize it to your own tastes!

I can't wait to get these in & on my bike...I will be the only one in the world lol!

#9833 Sinister, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  14. mini climate change brought on by half the world being on fire and the other half on coal fired industry running at full bore during the war maybe.

15. What colours are you going to go for? Don't tell me, gold and purple!

16. We are still loitering with intent in the lovely old town of Antigua in Guatemala, but this morning we took a three hour tour out into the surrounding countryside with a local guide on 150cc twist & go scooters.

Was great to be back on two wheels again, especially once we'd left Antigua's bone-jarring cobbled streets. It's mostly warm and dry here so getting out into the open countryside and trundling along at 40-50kmh wearing t-shirt and shorts was just perfect.

Got some zip-wire action across a lake at a country park - think Butlins on a quiet day but in the developing world (Cornwall perhaps?! :wink:). Also rode up to a local highpoint overlooking Antigua - which is surrounded by four volcanoes - and had lunch at the very hippy and remote 'Earth Lodge' (of course) - a hostel / restaurant / avocado farm. Great day out and the little scooter was just the job - not ridden one before!

17. Dropped off the paddock stand at the machine shop to get a new spindle made.

18. Today I will be telling the (ski) world about the large contract I've just secured :upyeah:

19. I'm thinking about wrapping my t**s in and coming home.

20. I'm rather found of yogurt...:wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information