1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Got an MOT on the Mutley. It's just coming up to 3 years old, so that was the first one.

2. Managed a very pleasant ride-out this afternoon about 40 miles, stopped at Costa in Abingdon read the paper for half an hour with a coffee.

Missed yesterday because of other commitments, but weather today much better than forecast, off now for a few days so fingers crossed should be able to get out again on Wednesday. Hope to go and have look at an Aprilia Shiver for sale near me.

3. Bought a plain white RX7GP which is heading up to Richart Concepts to be done, design currently being worked on at the moment.

My wife wanted to get me the Arai TT2014 Helmet of which 350 are being made for the UK and being sold by sole distributor Crossans in Northern Ireland and at the TT by Crossans. Whilst I quote like this years helmet, come next year you are wearing a 2014 helmet with people walking around in 2015 and so on.

Most people know of the TT but very few know of the Billown Southern 100. My best races were at that circuit not only with the other sidecar lads but with my health too, recovering from Cancer and followed shortly by Appendicitis all on the lead up to the race week. I did race but with all sorts of staples holding me together literally.

So with that in mind I am getting something done around the Southern 100 circuit which will mean more to me than the TT ever did.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Who did you use? Remind me to give them a wide berth.

5. Had a headlight out on my car this morning. Even though its the side with tighter access it took no more than 60 seconds due to the thoughtful provision of an access panel. It's this sort of attention to design that makes VAG products very easy to live with. I wonder if this level of attention to detail will pass on to Ducati now that they are part of the VAG group....

6. tech joined the Monday club, so here i am having a fag break while fitting a turbo to a poxi nissan. bolox

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lovely local sales call today, managed to take mrs for lunch and just back from gym. Phew

8. I've been coping with man flu. I'm amazed I can still type this.

9. done. quite enjoyed that, i should get rid of one of the boys and get someone to work the desk.

10. How the fuck did you catch 'man' flu?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well we ended up in Valparaiso Chile South America instead of Havana Cuba...10 hour flight to go half way around the world but it was the spur of the moment because we couldn't get the flight to go to Havana...that's what happens when you fly stand by, oh well it's a nice place to come for a coffee...spending 2 days here then it's back home to Toronto!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. The wife passed it on to me :frown:

13. So :) I Had a run in with Dell customer services in India yesterday which I fully intend on carrying on with today . Don't hold out much hope more of a principal thing but we will see

14. Oh and I might surprise an old bloke later - more details to follow

15. Woo Hoo! I love a surprise!

(Be gentle with me)

16. I've been eating great meals last 3 days particularly. Had some friends over on Sat so I made the hunter's lasagne again with rabbit and duck. There was enough pasta left over to make some tagliatelle so I did. Had that last night with a prawn and mussel white wine sauce. Brilliant! Homemade fresh pasta just is better that bought.

Sunday had entrecotes on the open fire. I figured out some time ago that if you have a fireplace you don't have to wait for warm weather to have a BBQ. You just need one of those hand-held grill things, usually used for fish to hold the meat in. Delicious!

• Like Like x 1
  17. How many miles have you put on the thing over the 3 years, Pete?

18. I'd have though that Abingdon would be underwater by now. Has it been spared?

19. Bits of it have been underwater, I rode in via Culham and the river has burst it's banks but the water levels have definitely dropped.

20. I love a surprise too. Hope my heart can take it :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information