1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. :-D keep up

2. Oooh, nasty, glad your mate is ok. On the plus side, those steel frame CBR's crash very well. Check new parts prices as I found after crashing my CBR 600 (it was in a very similar state to that one post crash) some parts are cheaper new than second hand, such as headlights (£35 from David silver, £40 on flebay with postage for a used one. I got mine back on the road for about £200. Looks like there is a little more damage, but only to the tune of a rad, possibly some associated hardware such as brackets and fan, and the forks / yokes. I'd imagin with careful shopping that could be back on the road for £300. If he doesn't want to repair, is he interested in selling? Its undoubtedly a write off, the insurance company may well let him keep the wreck for free (they did when my GPz was cat B'd) Only problem is they may cat B, in which case it cannot go back on the road - if its a cat C its fine.

This is a very valuable source of used parts. Find Motorcycle Parts from Motorcycle Breakers - Gissit
    don't forget The UK and David Silver Spares - HOME

3. Does he need a new lid...?

Sorry...Too soon....? :eek:

4. Indeed! I bought the bike some time back & got it back on the road for my Mate as his first big bike, here it is in happier days!

[​IMG]

Usual refurb, seals, reg/rectifier, did his direct access so I wasnt going to do too good a job on it in case he, errr....

chucked it down the road. :biggrin:

Horrifically bodged by the former owner, he had recently rebuilt the engine to stop it leaking coolant & delighted in telling me he had reused every gasket?? The engine sounded fine with no new fluid leaks, & I got it for a GOOD price... :upyeah:

Months later, it blew Latte out of the coolant overflow...

[​IMG]

Eh? A creamy milkshake mix in the coolant tank?? Wtff?? The oil level had also dropped...

We emptied it out and refilled the system with new coolant mix. It ran fine for a while, then did the same again?? The oil level had dropped & the coolant was all brown and thick? Eeeek.

Judging by the amount of silicone showing I assumed a blown head gasket, we picked up a low-mileage engine and swapped them over. :upyeah:

[​IMG]

Superb what you can do with some pallets & a bit of armco?

Pulled the head off the old engine? Nowt wrong... turned out to be knackered o-rings in the oil cooler/heat exchanger (meh)

[​IMG]

May make a good hack/streetfighter if recovered?? Will need new rad, forks & yokes etc but isnt toooooooo bad? Hmmmm....

5. As I said, those discs were knacked, you only have to compare the pics

[​IMG]

6. First pic was taken at the MOT centre, just before its new MOT a few years back? The crash pics were taken after MANY miles later, the discs - and front wheel - being covered in fork oil and other roadside debris... of COURSE they look like shit!

Bike had new front pads for its MOT two weeks back, flew through? :upyeah:

#986 470four, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  7. Looks like the pads were only biting on half the disc

• Like Like x 1
  8. Have you got a plan yet for Monday?

9. Yeah pack a brolly! :frown:

10. Thought Monday was supposed to be nice! Sunday on the other hand is looking very dodgy. Oh well, lots of time sitting under the arch drinking coffee for us then!

11. Yeah it's looking that way :rolleyes:

I'll make my decision on whether to go on Sunday night :smile:

12. Yeah the forecast is actually improving for Monday....if you believe it.

13. I'll keep an eye on it and decide Sunday night when I'm back home.

14. Watched Nicky get this done ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345829698.817431.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345829720.321219.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345829698.817431.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345829720.321219.jpg

15. And you were very brave :) funny how you're not saying anything about the preparation for the next tattoo so I'll share !!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345832769.979560.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345832769.979560.jpg

16. Not sharing where it's going then??

17. To quote Luci-Ann it's going on my nunu :)

18. home hunting

Today in fact most of this week i have been searching for somewhere new to house me and the duc.god i've seen some sh--e.but have one possible and if that falls thru i'll keep searching.

19. Yeah....today I escaped Monkey Island and am back on dry land.....blown the froth of a few now and cock eyed drunk listening to the Cure at reading festival on BBC 3 :upyeah:

I soo wish I was with you Mel

#999 XxAnthxX, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  20. 500 metre swim yesterday, 4km run today with 35 sit ups, 25 leg raises and 25 press ups, rest tomorrow then 500m swim (at 7am!) and 4.5k run on Sunday.... Anyone seen my mind? I appear to have lost it.

Body fat is falling off very quickly, and muscle tone and definition have improved notably. I feel noticeably fitter, and recover far faster after workouts. The main deficiency at the moment is my swimming - its terrible.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information