1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Emailing md of BT....:mad:
    and trying to set up my Apple TV.....:mad:

2. Decorating

3. Mrs Mervyn has been trying out the latest paint pots on walls in the lounge.One of the colours I selected from the colour charts turns out to be perfect.Mrs Mervyn now realises why she keeps me around.:upyeah:I am sometimes useful!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mine keeps me around to counterpoint her sensibleness, prudence and tidyness. Oh and to fix stuff and put up shelves.

5. I hope the shelves are for motorbike bits and pieces?:smile:

6. Should be easy peasy, loads of help on the internet if you're having trouble, tends to be easier if you use all Apple stuff and have an airport extreme as your wireless router, my tip would be to give it a static IP address so it always connects.

7. painting lines in basingstoke , nearly looks good there now

8. I think it'll take more than a few painted lines to make Basinggrad look good :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sold our company Smart pool car today and collected a brand new Fiesta 1.25 Zetec. Decided to try it out so drove home in it. Ford do make superb cars, this one was a bit underpowered but excellent handling and steering, the tech in new cars is incredible even in this modest little fiesta it played music via Bluetooth off my iphone.

10. I was thinking of visiting Basingstoke on Thursday - never been before - shan't bother now as I see the new John Lewis isn't finished :wink:

11. You can't beat Amazingstoke...

12. Another lomg day with lots of miles and stuck on the closed A34 on the way home :rolleyes:

13. sitting watching the children go by.

My kids at home ,day off.:biggrin:

14. got through the work no hassles, life is good.

15. Saw a hawfinch on my bird feeder today. That's a rarity around here and it's a very fine bird. Common around your way?

Also took the bottom off the bird box to have a gander inside to make sure it is ok for future occupants. Last year I did this too late. No dead birds in it, but a couple of old eggs (blue tit). Lobbed them out. You'd be surprised how much stuff birds put in their bird box bed. There's about 4 or 5 inches of assorted straw, moss and dog hair (my dog). A very professional depression for laying eggs in.

[​IMG]

Then I took down the other bird box which has never had a bird in it. It's in the wrong place (too shady and cold) and the hole is too big (4 cm in diameter). So I got another thin piece of wood (an old bit of fruit packing case), and made a hole 2.5 cmd in diameter and glued it on to the front, thus making a blue tit box. Tomorrow I will put it up in an old apple tree. Should be more of a des-res than before, thus doubling the garden's blue tit production.

• Like Like x 1
  16. My grandad was a keen bird watcher and remember Hawfinches in his garden - one year even had a Waxwing , numbers like many have declined but they are still around - shy birds though

17. No chance of owls nesting on Glidd estates? Need a bigger bird box!

18. I've been chatting to Konrad Bartelski :smile:

19. More familiar....

he used to be a skiers a couple of hundred years back didn't he

20. In the last century :wink:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information