1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Went to an old sweet shop I know and bought some Belgian salted liquorice. It's very moreish :biggrin:

2. Sorry Glidd it was 3-0

3. 265 miles today met up with some multistrada. Peeps , Kidderminster , Worcester towards Hereford then back to reading

4. Well my hangover lasted till about 11am. I then decided to start jet washing the path at the side of the house and also the patio and decking.

That at took over five hours and I am now fucked and stiff as a board.

I also took the opportunity to start Eva up and pump up the tyres in readiness for tomorrow's ride out with matt46. Trouble is, the way I'm currently feeling and moving, I'm gonna have trouble swinging my leg over the seat.

5. doing mine tomorrow, horrible job :frown:

6. Today I r mostly changing my brake lines....my mate got me some posh red hel ones at cost....next stop....master clutch cylinder and line then the rear...

IMG_20140306_052431216.jpg IMG_20140308_171404.jpg IMG_20140308_171419.jpg IMG_20140308_171433.jpg

Its been an absolutely lovely day....bikes sounds everywhere round the house but I deliberately stayed in as days like this are too good to be true....ie....what starts out as a good day ends in either

A. Hitting something
    B. Getting knicked.
    C. Lobbing it down the road

All these things have happened to me on days like this where I just wanted to go out for a ride....although I did go out for 10 mins just now to make sure I wont hit anything cos of bad brakes....

IMG_20140306_052431216.jpg

IMG_20140308_171404.jpg

IMG_20140308_171419.jpg

IMG_20140308_171433.jpg

#10266 comfysofa, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Do what I do-use a step to get on.When you reach the end of your ride just fall off.Works for me.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Today I attended a conference which included a lecture by Prof Anthony Grayling:
    A C Grayling 8-03-14 2.jpg
    Absolutely superb, probably the most brilliant philosopher in Britain today. He was kind enough to sign a dedication in my copy of The Good Book:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0747599602/?tag=ducatiforum-21

A C Grayling 8-03-14 2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. I went to the pub. No shortage of philosophers there.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Opened up the compost bin so my good lady wife can get to her compost ! Brownie point earned :wink:
    popped in the office to check some invoices and home for lunch. Took her shopping this afternoon and earned some more points !
    i must be due a ride tomorrow :upyeah:

11. went to work... shite... went to pub, football on... shite... went to tescos.... shite... got home to find 3 mice caught in traps (have a infestation!) all of them now blind .....and dead.... shite ... BUT!!!! the work I did today will buy more bike parts (albeit not a lot) and the football prevented me drinking to much , tescos sold me the cheese n crackesr that i'm enjoying whilst waiting for my steak to thaw! (and posting stuff on ere) and there is 3 less mice to feed/buy seeing eye dogs for... so it aint all doom an gloom folks!!!

12. After a day as boring as that I think a ride out tomorrow is more than deserved, enjoy it, you've bloody earnt it :upyeah:

13. With those kind of brownie points I'd expect a ride tonight :wink:

• Like Like x 4
  14. There is justice in the world. I thought all the people who had replaced their garden with patios/decking never had anything to do.

I spent the afternoon working on a new garden project which involves turning a nascent forest back into grass. Spent hours pulling out ivy and holly trees under an ancient fir but there is a lot more to go. More of the same tomorrow (good exercise at least) but I may get out for a crafty ride.

15. Replaced a horrible patio with some decking, don't worry lots of lawn left also that needs a cut today!

16. its gonna be a hot one today but not for me. Alas, im in work now....had to bring the car (drat.) as I have to use the A0 plotter to print out a mothers day poster for my mother-in-law for the local church (my good deed for the day) and then take my dad's rebuilt pc back over to him to then do his victor meldrew bit even though its taken me all week to sort out all of his crap and tidy it all up. By that time the day will probably be over....so ill just give the RSV a clean....so I should get it to the end of the driveway....

17. Fuck....I had problems just getting through the manual for the brake bleeding kit my mate lent me and still couldn't get it to work the way I wanted, so then gave up and did it the way I usually do it.....

18. I've been awake since 3.30 :rolleyes:

19. The plan was to give the house a good clean. Til I looked outside. Stuff the house cleaning, I'm off out on the bike!

20. man fluing today

Do Not Sell My Personal Information