1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Summat good on tv?

2. Today I've walked the dog along the beach, taken the babber swimming, cleaned the Triumph, hooned the Triumph and had a cracking session in the gym. Now I'm sat im my back garden in the glorious sunshine enjoying a nice cold pint of Cider. This is how weekends should be!

3. Cleaned the camper van. It had spent so much time under a tree it was in its own kind of camo. Moss and everything growing. Like a mobile Eden Project.

Batteries flat though. Soon have Lord Percy chuffing again. All 50hp of him. (feels more like 30).

4. Took the Mutli out for a blast, done a bit of weeding in the garden and now relaxing with a couple of bottle's of Cornish Pale Ale :smile:

5. I watched a recorded episode of The Millers, then Waterloo Road, then Top Gear and then I watched MOTD.

So the answer is no. :frown:

6. At 9am I took the bottles to the bottle bank, then went to the local petrol station to fill my petrol can up for the bike (it was on the fumes).

At 10am I went out on Eva and met with Matt46 for a good, brisk ride to blow off the cobwebs.

We ended up at Squires in Sherburn for a coffee. There must have beeb thousands there!! Unfortunately just as we arrived there had been accident with 3 bikers apparently :frown: and the police and ambulances turned up rather quickly after :upyeah:. (Hope they weren't too bad)

Then had a nice brisk ride home. I've tightened up nuts and bolts on Eva and now put her away, till the next time :smile:

I hope everyone else has had a good, safe ride today :smile:

7. Indeed, given that selection, I'd go for a good book....

8. I had a great ride today, plenty of nutters out though and loads of Harley riders living the dream, nice not to have to worry about base layers and winter gloves! it was properly warm here earlier! perfect :upyeah:

9. Had a nice 150 mile round ride to Brackley. Unfortunately Skins cafe was closed (website says it's closed 1st Sunday of the month - today being the 2nd Sunday in March I thought we'd be ok). Had the worst carrot cake I've eaten in a long while at a cafe just down the road (bland, dry, oversweet icing and served with a squirt of artificial aerosol cream on the side to add insult to patisserie injury).

That said the ride itself was great - had a lovely flowing run from Brackley through Buckingham and Winslow to Aylesbury - the best ride I've had on those roads. Surprising absence of dithering Dorises despite being Sunday. Lots of other bikes out - some reciprocated nods, and both a nod and a wave from someone on a Ducati sportsbike (1098 I think) in Winslow 1pm ish (anyone on here?)

Got home, persuaded the other half to spring clean my bike (it was looking quite embarassing, definitely ratty Ducati territory - the winter commute on filthy roads doesn't help).

Now we're going to light the first barbecue of the year, making the most of the last hour or so of sunshine.

10. Corrected for you.

11. Each to to their own-ill stick to Sven Hessel. :upyeah:

12. Harry Potter and the philosophers stone?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well no riding today :frown:
    loads of points earned yet again, after a nice walk with the dogs we spent all day in the garden ! The laurel hedge has had a harsh trim which basically took me all day, trouble is that's only half of it done ! Heard loads of bikes out and around today.
    will try to get out this week !

14. Have a Jambalaya in the slow cooker. Cleaned the underside and engine of the Vespa GTS300, then re-applied the ACF50

Now lying on the couch watching somthing about serial killers.

15. Got Multi out this morning and went from Herts to Leigh on Sea down to the Cockle Sheds. 1/2 pint of cockles, couple of bread rolls and a bottle of juice in the sunshine, was proper magic. Glad a took the bike and parking down there was mental.

SWMBO hates the M25 so suggested I follow the A127 back to the North Circ and come home that way. Jesus, the number of people who tried to kill me with lane switching was insane.

Stopped off in Whetstone at the park for an Ice Lolly and can of pop and then rode home.

First serious ride in six months and loved every second. It is true though, you do get bike unfit and I feel like I have ridden a million miles and not just 120.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Riding, cleaning and being abused by mates. Spring has sprung

• Like Like x 1
  17. Man, what are you like, after all that composting and shopping yesterday surely she would have given you an hours pass to zip out for a cup of tea somewhere, hope she appreciates you :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. All for a happy life, I said I would compromise this year :smile:
    plenty more weekends to come but as this was the first with decent weather I think she was surprised !
    Trouble is there's loads of jobs that need doing....

19. 16 mile walk this morning.

110 miles on the Diavel this afternoon, prefect riding around South Northants, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Oxfordshire.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Met a guy in the M4 Newbury services and exchanged goods for cash. Hope he's happy, my loft now has more space in it. Prepped both mine and my girlf friend's bikes for a run out. Finally made it to Loomies having detoured around god knows where because of the flooding. Sympathised with the lady who dropped her bike in the car park and dragged an Aprillia on top of herself as well. Headed off into West Sussex to fing the Focussed Events home world in the back of beyond as we will be dropping the bikes off there in a couple of weeks. Bimbled back arriving home about 6:00 after 155 miles with a FB grin on my face. Quick wash and off to the local Indian restaurent for an all you can eat buffet. Dropped the girl friend off with her daughter and now contemplating a choice between crap TV and just going to bed as I'm knackered. Still got a smile on my face though as it's been a good day. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information