1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Treadmill running times are only useful when compared to other treadmill running times. For example I can run 6 miles in an hour on a tread mill but 8 miles in an hour on the road. It's a big difference, treadmills are bouncing from one foot to the other, road running is propelling all of the mass that is you from one place to another.

2. It's a massive torque wrench that goes up to 175 newton metres, and most importantly, it was free!

3. Ah - so its shit then!....I thought so...

4. Ah - my torque wrench looks nothing like that one....

5. It's not shit, it's good if you can maintain your pace and heart rate for the whole time. I run at 175 to 180bpm, that 85 - 90% MaxHR, probably too fast, but I'm trying to push the envelope. 70 - 80% Max HR is where you want to be. (220 - age = MaxHR)

6. yeah - I tend to run at "6.5" on the display....pretty well constantly the whole time....ive never been one for stamina though....I tend to alternate - one day weights the next treadmill....still doesn't make me look like Mr Universe though - just keeps me looking "lightly tubby" - I like my food too much....

I did do p90x a few years ago full on but when I finished one of my relatives genuinely thought I had a terminal illness and said "you look like you could do with a square meal"....

7. "bouncing from one foot to the other"

Id say in my case its more like "lunging" from one foot to another!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oooh, lunges. Deadly.

9. Is that a good old G1098 piece of equipment? ;)

10. Can we all stop talking about running please. I'm getting out of breath here:mad:

Nearly spilt my lager...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nope!

This is a gift from a contractor that is shutting down. :)

12. Early supper and a quick snooze, then it's off to France again for a couple of days. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.

13. What are you doing in France Fig? Working?

14. Yep, commissioned a new air conditioning system at a hotel a few weeks ago, but none of the guests can work out the controls. So we're going back to fit new simplified controllers, what they should have had in the first place.

On the plus side the chefs are bloody amazing, I've never eaten so well as the last time I was there, so I'll be getting tips this time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Taxed the car - although it appears to have gone up a fiver between them sending me the reminder last week and today :Facepalm:

16. bike passes mot, bike no longer starts after mot. got to love ducati don't you. same shit last year which led to me going out and buying the 848. well i wont be buying another one.

17. You should buy a better one - Stunning 848 Evo Corse Se 2012 Model | Ducati Forum ;)

18. 848 been fine no mot due for 2 years. freeking multi been the bain of my life for 4 years now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Are you selling a bike El T? You should have said, I just got a new one today.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information