1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. nice, makes a change from the usual amble round Tescos?

2. you haven't had sausage until you have had proper butcher lorn sausage. you know where you can ram your pork muck.

3. nice car btw. my next big purchase will be a Maserati gto.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice I must admit I do like the Maserati GT convertible

• Agree Agree x 1

5. lovely car - purchase based on how much you charged the frenchies?

6. a thank you would of been nice. :Banghead:

7. Top Tip :- When you have reinstalled your clutch, when you restart bike, pull clutch in and select 1st (With front brake applied), remember to take bike off side stand. It gets rid of all those worrisome questions such as "Bike has stalled?! Why is my clutch not working?" Saves you taking it apart and rebuilding it, measuring stack heights etc. Remember the fucking side stand!

Anyhoo, I can confirm the lithium grease and baking strategy. My clutch is now no longer noisy when engaging.

8. did you have a dumb ass moment?

9. Yep. Forgot sidestand was down. Took me a couple of frowns to realise. Good job no-one saw me.

10. doh! :Banghead:

11. Hehe. I also replaced the clutch fluid too. The old stuff was black. Plus Ive left it open rather than put the oem cover back on. But I need some black caps. Don't like anodized red. Even though the basket is red. The pressure plate is a weird dark browny/greeny/greyey/blackey. Black caps, screws and springs.

12. i wouldn't leave it open, hygroscopic. yeh no red bling.

13. Found out the BBS unit is pooped on my 1199, so i won't be getting it back until that's arrived at the dealers, and been fitted, and been logged in to match the other electrickery bits grrrrr!

14. It doesn't see rain if i can help it. I'll leave it off until i get a better looking one.

15. I
    have a practitioner cert, but its out of date as I think it only last 5 years

Agile seems to be the choice of IT project world, and loosely based on rugby terms...for me all these things are straightforward: its just process, its the use of common terms that can be tough..

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ahh clutch plate cover. sorry.

17. haha thicky. you thought I meant the fluid reservoir cap. hygroscopic? As if that would be the primary concern. Spilling it every time i leant the bike would be more immediate.

18. my turn to be a dumb ass.

19. Spotted......

20. To get over the dumb arse moment of having all 3 horizontal cylinder exhaust nuts shear, I picked up a portable MIG welder so I can weld a nut to each stud remnant and try again. Sad but cool I got a new welding mask that has a reactive lense that goes from clear to dark in 0.1 micro seconds and has flames painted on it :). Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information