1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Yeah but worth it lol

2. Charged the 748's battery from lunchtime to 6pm, then started her up, and away we went.

3. Its Saturday evening, stiff drink time!

• Like Like x 2
  4. On a nice bright sunny day, albeit a bit nippy................I went for a four hour ride............

No I didn't.....................I spent two hours or more cutting nearly half and acre of grass.....a lot of it on a bank.

Yawwnnn.......

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Weather has been cold and damp. Tomorrow it is meant to be cold and dry. This is quite good news as it is the "Acid Days" bike testing shindig in the town up the road this weekend. This means over 100 bikes to test around the local roads, although the circuit is one that won't take me more than 15 minutes really. So I will be up early to sign in and start riding. I have drawn up a long list of stuff I'm keen to have a scoot on and it looks like this:

Triumph - Daytona R
    Triumph - Speed Triple R
    Triumph - Thruxton
    BMW – S1000RR
    Ducati – 899 Panigale
    Ducati – 848 Streetfighter
    Ducati – Diavel
    Harley Davidson – Fat Boy
    Harley Davidson – Road King
    Kawasaki – Ninja ZX–10R
    Aprilia – Tuono
    Moto Guzzi – Stelvio
    Moto Guzzi – California
    MV Agusta – F3 675 / 800

I'm not planning on buying any of them. It's just for the fun of the thing and interest's sake. I wonder how many I will end up riding? Last year I only did 3. This year it would be good if it was 5 or 6.
    It is a great advantage knowing the test route like the back of my hand. Last year I was able to go "off piste" a bit. Hopefully this year too.

The one I most want to try, surprise surprise, is the 899, but I bet everyone else will too. This is where you end up on the Guzzi Stelvio.

6. Just back from the Cheltenham festivals including seeing Robert Cray and Roberta Flack live. A long day but a great day. Now a tad tired

7. I've spent the last couple of hours looking at new helmets. I want a Scorpion Exo-2000 Bautista rep. I already have a perfectly good helmet, the pattern doesn't go with my bike and I think it's the wrong shape for my head but I still want it.

8. Make it your priority! You won't regret it :)

9. Try the BMW it'll frighten you to death

10. one or two on that list i would like to try, tunno, stelvio. and the 899 more for the comfyness of it. my 848 is freeking gorgeous but is aggravating an elbow injury from a bouncer incident.

11. I'd be looking at the Cali, the F3 800 and the 899, in no particular order. Not that I can afford, nor do I actually want, any of them. My next bike is likely to be a Street Triple.

12. any one interested in a 675 low millage lots of bling give us a shout.

13. Went to riders in Bristol yesterday - got a result - they took a quick look at the hyper and cleared a dashboard error for 15 quid so I got to hang around in the carpark like a looser and stare at bikes....there was a white 899 there which ive gotta say looked really nice with the tail tidy on....saw a nice 749 and 848 I think (husband and wife team). I must confess I haven't got the gaul to walk up and say...."you on the forum?" - think ill sound like a stalker...I really don't think ill ever meet anyone in person...

14. Its a bit chatty on here this morning....the sun is out, go on, go out and play...(that's what my dad used to say to me anyway....)

Before anyone says ive got an excuse...im in work...otherwise I would be out....sadly, repairing the garden fence today when I get home....

15. I'm doing the Spring clean I was supposed to be doing last bank holiday:( But I'll be out on the Shitebird later:upyeah:

16. I did get out for a little while yesterday as per previous post - was on my way up to B&Q to get stopped by a police road block....strange....on the face of it looked like an accident ( a bad one....helicopter was parked on the central reservation on the grass.) Lots of ambulances - more than usual - I could see a lorry amongst it all - couldn't see well enough to see anything smashed up. 4 cars on the initial roadblock plus a couple of x5 gunships that I could see further up....

Anyway went to B&Q came back round the long way to see an ambulance coming down the wells road but with a black audi estate in front with the hidden lights flashing but no sirens....unless is wasn't an RTA and something else kicked off....

17. trying to do some family time this weekend as i have some bigger runs i am planning. seriously considering the ulster now.

18. I've been fiddling with the settings an' ting on "Pandora" (just thunk of that) and she is looking beautiful, so I've taken some pics and posted an album on here. Hopefully I will be able to get out for a couple of hours tomorrow morning. :)

This afternoon I am going to my granddaughters 2nd birthday party. I may go north to see my dad afterwards.

19. that's what kids party's are for merv. been scoffing the daughters birthday cake all morning. the secret is to cut it in a way its not noticed. or make such a hash of it you can blame it on her brother.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wantz was birthday partying today so a free morning was spent with an earlyish spin to Goodwood , always nice to be out before the traffic builds up :).
    Need to get on with the 1/4 finished patio now

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information