1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. stuffed my face with prawns, steak and cake. and a sneaky guinness.
    got a run on the bike this afternoon, is it the placebo effect or was the bike running better after my tinkering.

2. Money well spent!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I think I was admiring that in the car park, parked up nearish to garage 10?

4. Not the food judging by the photographs!

5. I went & cancelled my current insurance for the Bike & Jeep because I was paying $200.00 per month ($2400.00 yearly) for my Jeep & $180.00 per month ($1900.00 yearly) for the Ducati...total for both $4300.00 per year...so I found another company here in Toronto the gave me a great rate for both vehicles...$1700.00 for the Jeep & $1300.00 for the Bike...total $3000.00 yearly full coverage on both plus it will drop another 30% next year so that's an additional $900.00 in saving!

It's still a little high but I do have 1 speeding ticket on my record but otherwise a good driving history...that will disappear in January...so atleast I am happy with the better rates here, they rape us good on insurance here in Canada...what are the rates like in the UK?

#11505 Sinister, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  6. Considerably cheaper than that, Sinister!:eek: I haven't been charged more than £200 a year for any bike I've ever owned, and my license is in tatters! But younger drivers/riders get well and truly hammered over here. The local youngsters near me tend to buy or lease brand new cars nowadays; that's because they come with free insurance, and the monthly repayments on a brand new car are working out cheaper than trying to insure an old jalopy. Just crazy.

7. Insurance rates are high here for SS Bikes & they also rate them on the CC's but for any Harley or Cruiser bike they are relatively cheap like $400.00 per year, age & riding experience also does play a role...but they also get you on your location or residence due to some parts here in the city are high crime rate areas!

I have seen on some of the local forums here in Toronto about bike insurance to where some people are getting quoted between $8000.00 - $11000.00 per year...crazy expensive right? in some cases insurance is more expensive than the actual bike...mind you they probably have a bad driving record most likely lol!

8. That was the one,i did not stop long as my pass was running out quickly,did not help myself by getting on the M40 the wrong way on the way back.Looked like you all had a good day with the exception of the poor guy from group 1 taking a ride in the ambulance,hate seeing things like that.

9. Group 1 was carnage, first 5 sessions were red flagged. Groups 2 and 3 didn't have a red flag all day I don't think. Didn't know about the guy getting taken off in an ambulance though, not good :(

10. Group 1 novice or fast?

11. 1st day back at work after 2 weeks holiday. Aaargh!!!

12. Sat in sunshine at work eating pea soup :)

13. Better than being sat in a pea souper at work :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've done loads this morning, including dealing with a very complicated tender document and trying to re-arrange a trip to the US till the middle of June.

15. packed full of fast riders, who couldn't get into the fast group? or true novices?

16. Or fast riders who prefer to be in the novice group so that they can show everyone how fast they are...

17. Inters were absolutely packed so they were spread about the other groups. So just novices with some inters I think, no one was crazy fast....though seems a few were a little too fast :(

18. Alas often the way

Been out on bike, making most of whats left of the sun today on my last day off before 0600 start back to work tomorrow. Pie and a 'pint' ;)

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Who ate all the pies? Who ate all the pies?
    You f........Err, I think I'll stop there:Woot:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information