1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. magic roundabout aint all that
    l live near a white horse in wiltshire if anyones passing the kettle is always on
    Steve

2. By magic roundabout, am I correct in assuming its one with small roundabouts all around it? If so there's one in Colchester too, I took Nicky there a few years ago and she says she was glad I was driving!

3. We went to Niagara falls a few years ago on our way back to Toronto from Pennsylvania, it was covered in frost and ice and looked amazing, well worth the detour but go to the Canadian side as you get a better view :)

4. I used to ride it on a weekly basis. I worked for Stratton Dispatch in Stratton St Margarets up until the point I discovered london couriers were getting 88p a mile and I was only getting 18p a mile...

But Swindon was quite a nice place 20-odd years back. It ain't now.

5. Swindon is indeed a shithole. I was there last Thursday.

Today I have mostly been to Edinburgh and Glasgow. I'm now home and going to eat something :smile:

6. just eaten dinner (about an hour ago) will be going swimming in about half an hour. Currently searching the internet for a girlfriend. :frown: [sniff] no one loves me [/sniff]

7. Awww bless ya :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Usual drudge at work... then home to wrap ebay & do shopping downtown - back home & get a few miles on the SS to warm it up ready to try out my new carb balancing gauges? :biggrin:

Back home, plumbed them in, fired it up - burnt my wrist on the oil cooler trying to find the frickin' balance screw...

A few tweaks - bike now sounds a LOT better, crisp even? Wasnt out by much but a tweak or two made such a difference?

Got back home, sat and perved at the bike for a while (like you do...) cooked tea, now chilling :upyeah:

9. Took XxAnthxX the junior on a pleasure cruise around Cyprus....ended up cock eyed drunk in charge of a child and kayak in the bay where we stopped.....got burnt....again....got back to Paphos and got even worse.

There's a distinct lack of proper bikes over here, seen one Yamaha ha R1, some peds and quads and that is it, mind the roads....they don't exist!

I miss my bike!

10. Yeah but at least you've got some decent weather there!

11. More like 'agenda management and back scratching' :biggrin:

12. I'm on holiday for a week yippee and also got my MRI scan for Tuesday evening 18.40 at last!!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've had a meeting with my store manager and PM to talk about my return to work, going back on October 1st in a completely different role, out of the kitchen and into an office, training, managing training records and being the firework lady:)

14. Fingers crossed for Tuesday, hope they don't make you wait too long after the scan for your treatment!

15. So do I !!
    Been in pain this week with it.
    Both injections have worn off :-(

16. When's it due..?

17. Fitted my new Carbon King fairing infill bit. Very pleased especially as it turned out to have a mesh grille to protect the oil cooler which I didn't know about.:smile:

18. Had my car serviced. Frigged around in the office. Skyped with yanks. Now gonna chill.

19. Left Swindon in 1990 was alright then:) great nightlife , George Whites was a little shop on Manchester road ... Not much agro lots of nice bikers ! What's the word on the street now days?

20. @ducbird hope you get on ok!
    I'm in mon tues and Friday next week eye scans more steroids and hurry dilating drops that make you want swear!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information