1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. And would you believe that I put the idea in their head - for an outdoor one. And the Regeneration Manager is claiming the credit for that :-/

2. Just spent over 2 hrs pulling the contents of the garage out onto the path/back in again looking for a wallpaper steamer ....... then went into the shed to get the dogs lead to take him for a walk, and found the steamer in there! :mad:

3. My Honda died this morning..I'd been ignoring signs of the choke cable not operating properly, which meant the battery was under more stress than usual to start the bike.

This morning...wheeze wheeze wheeze wheeze wheeze...click click click click click

Luckily the Ducati makes an acceptable commuter bike.

New Yuasa battery on charge at the bike shop round the corner, expect I'll be elbow deep (steady on, no clunge jokes) in Honda this evening for a couple of hours..

4. This morning I cycled 40k, back to back meetings most of the day then was doing work until 7pm when an unplanned outage took the network down and I was stuffed. So I went to cycle home and a spoke snapped in my rear wheel so I've been checking out wheelsets online. And surfing this. Time for beer No. 2...

5. Been to Newton Poppleford to install an a/c system at a mate's shop. Just got home, totally knackered, to find I've got to drive to Nottingham tomorrow and work like a dog to keep a client happy. I'm too old for this caper:frown:

6. Well I've done it and made it over the water and to Lille. Currently in spa with a large beer waiting for my steak to arrive. My beautiful bike is so shit up :) oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. used to go to Newton poppleford for cream tea when at University

8. Good Luck Major - know what you're going through.

9. Whoa!!!! A rebel rousing student :wink:

10. Thanks mate, nice to know there are some other dog owners out there.

11. So how is our mate in Newton Poppleford, Fig?

12. You never got back to me Troy - or if you did I missed it.

13. Got home from a meeting at midday to find that my "lawn" had reverted to a cow field. There were 6 of them on it, cheerfully munching my rather fab grass that it has been too wet to mow. So now the lawn looks like a WW1 battlefield in miniature - pock-marked to buggery. That's 24 smallish cow hooves supporting several tons of cow on soft ground. Then of course they shat over everything, so even when it does stop raining, mowing is going to be fun. Not.

I like cows, but I wish they'd just stay on the other side of the electric fence. If their Swiss bells hadn't clonked so close to me, I'd never have looked out of the window to see them there. That's what cow bells are for.

Hey-ho. Nature will sort it all out without me and the lawn will miraculously self-level. If it's not escaped cows, it's the escaped next-door neighbour's massive horse which gets excited at this time of year as I still have lots of grass, and he has eaten all his. He normally finds some way of coming over to mine to tuck in.

14. Well I was in the office very early today (6.30am) cos I have shed loads to do. Caught up with stuff from the Far East and the US. Refined deign for some new literature. Spoke to potential clients in china. Came home. Had my tea. Surfed web. Watched The Choir and Celebrity Juice, and now laid in bed whilst SWMBO is asleep.

15. John's in rude health Pete. Shame the same can't be said for the electrics in his shop...

16. Dropping missus off at work (someone in the house has to earn!) I saw a Nissan Qashqai INDICATING :eek: ......it didn't turn off at the junction; just carried on up the road with the indicator flashing away for the next mile or so .......

I was just surprised - I assumed, as I'd never seen one indicate before doing anything, that they were decorative and didn't actually work!

17. Well now they don't have a choke on them perhaps its a new place to hang the handbag!

18. Just driven 300 miles back from Eastbourne to Leeds :rolleyes:

19. So answer my text then :rolleyes:

:wink:

20. Made some fine progress in the spare works van today. 90 mins from centre of Nottingham to the M25 may not sound great, but when you learn that the van is a 1300 diesel...

Naturally when I got to the M25 I pulled up and didn't move for bloody ages, thereby negating the head of steam I'd built up. I dunno, I don't seem to enjoy killing vans as much as I used to:frown:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information