1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. There's a 748 motor for sale. See what's my motor worth?

2. Very true Glid. The Pantah was probably the first Duke I saw as a teenager and I thought then it looked gorgeous! Wanted one then, but they were so rare and were known for being a bit poor in the electrics department, that I went down the Jap route. So pleased I've now got a Duke and don't see me going back!

3. Yes, I have just today bought a standard 600SL in good running order, but with a rough tank/seat/fairing in the wrong colour. Now I hope to put together a standard Pantah with the right bits in the right colour.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scream.... I just sold something on ebay for a good price and the bidder then said "can't afford it" .... ten day auction :(
    Offered a second chance offer to the next person which was half of what he brought it for and they said oh just brought something else.

Since Ebay removed the option to leave neg feedback for buyers people just bid then say don't want it now!.. fuming...
    He also found it funny , laughed about it and was of the stance "unlucky"....:frown:

5. Yeah the not being able to leave negative feedback for buyers is a stupid idea.

6. +1

What is the point in HAVING negative feedback available as an option if you cant faceslap somebody who can't pay for stuff?

Retarded... Apparently we are less likely to block bidders with lots of negative feedback?

No sh!t, Sherlock!

7. The whole feedback system on eBay is a load of rubbish. Sort of falls into the category of "all must have prizes" or "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all".

It should provide honest feedback of what you thought of the service or the buyer. Otherwise it has absolutely no use whatsoever except to encourage everyone to use eBay because it is full of exclusively honest and kind sellers and wonderful trustworthy buyers. Conclusion: it's just a system or eBay to increase its profits.

8. I had exactly the same thing happen twice when selling a car. One of the buyers was very honest & fair, and paid me some of the costs incurred, but the other guy just said "tough - I'm not buying it".

I couldn't believe that I had no way of highlighting what this guy had done.

9. Just given my bike a good coating of ACF50.Would like to ride it even if weather is a bit iffy-and not worry about road muck,etc.I don't have many days where I am up to riding,so if necessary I will go out in the rain.Please don't tell me than ACF50 is no good!

10. Dealt with crap, crap and more crap. I'm bored with crap. :rolleyes:

11. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mmmmmmmm Titanium...

Got my sheet of Titanium a few days ago, took a fortnight to arrive from Slovakia, where they use it to make the inserts for Army/Police bulletproof vests? :upyeah:

Ti case-savers....trial cutting resulting in much scratching of head (never seen ANYTHING demolish a stainless cutting disc before??! Hard as!), my Uncle refused point blank to cut it into blanks on his power-guillotine as it would "fk the blade up, and they ain't cheap!"

Hectic.

Now using diamond-studded discs, I managed to get a pre-production prototype done. :biggrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frickin' GORGEOUS!

The silver one is stainless steel, the Rather Nice golden-rainbow one is Grade5 Titanium and weighs as much a small fart. :cool:

Just cut another one ready for File, Flame & Finish, the one above is reserved, this next one will be going in my bike (coz I'm worth it) :biggrin:

SPLENDID.

12. Ooh tasty

13. Had a ride to Leeds tyres, where the kind folk fitted some Michellin pures to my 999.
    Then a tootle to and around Sherburn to scrub em in a little.:upyeah:

14. Had quite a nice tax refund come through the post! :)

This reminded me of a merry jape I saw on Facebook a few days back & I have just changed the name of my internet wireless network to "HMRC" :biggrin:

Should freak the neighbours out, lol :upyeah:

15. I fitted a new regulator/rectifier to the Monster today as the original one was beginning to give up.
    Terrible Italian electrics, it was only 17 years old! :wink:

16. Visited Pro Twins to load the bike and gear up, for the upcoming Almeria event.

Looks like there will be some tasty bikes there.

17. Coffee in bed to start the day thanks to my son :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349508502.168108.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349508502.168108.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. I finished making this window after finding a bullet embedded in the oak.
    Steve

IMAG0010(2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Beautiful. That tree could have told some stories I'm sure.:upyeah:

20. That looks lovely. We moved in to a Victorian house with plastic windows and would love to replace the lot. Craftsmanship like that is not cheap!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information