1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. So glad it went well. Any more details? Or pics?

2. Had my tooth pulled out

Correct day

On the plus side having a shiny ride height adjuster put on my bike and weather looking good

3. Been to my mates funeral, 60 and lost his fight against cancer, a bit pissed at the moments and a very sad day.
    Steve

4. Sorry to hear that :(
    Some one I know had to bury their son today he was killed by a hit and run driver the other week :( still have not caught them.

5. pumpkinpiesmall.jpg Seeing as couldn't ride today I was given a pumpkin so I baked this.
    Never eaten it before is very nice :) have spare ones to deliver as well :)

pumpkinpiesmall.jpg

6. Visiting university’s today it was Edge Hill near Ormskirk.My lad likes this one; wonder if its anything to do with the ratio of 4 girls to 1 boy??

7. Hmmm.

You think it could be?

8. Had a nice trip up to Pink Panther land to pick up my replacement engine for the 748 five and a half hours round trip, nothing wrong with the old one but fancied upgrading to a 853 over the winter, very pleased with my purchase.
    Steve

9. I've been eating a couple of muffins for breakfast, part of the swag that I have just bought back from the UK, together with crumpets, sausages and real bacon. My carry-on bag beeped at security at Heathrow. After having taken everything out of it (nothing too embarrassing fortunately, but I bet the guy wasn't too pleased to discover the dirty socks..) the culprit was found - my jar of Marmite.

It was suggested I might like to surrender it up. Alternative was to go back to Swiss, check my bag in and redo security all over again. I told the guy that I thought I might feel a bit miffed to have to hand over my Marmite. There was just about time, so I chose the long option and prayed they wouldn't send my bag to Helsinki or somewhere with the Shropshire Blue and the sausages in it.

Got to Geneva: result. Bag showed up immediately. Have now stashed everything in fridge and freezer and two of the muffins in me.

10. Fitted rest of track bodywork plus some stomp grips o tank ready for Cartagena, oil change later after a visit to halfrauds for some oil...BSB first

11. Watched the motogp races and been down the pub. I'd like to say I'll watch the F1, but truth is I'll fall asleep the second my arse hits the sofa. Perfect Sunday, in other words:upyeah:

12. I didn't know about that! How brilliant .
    I would have liked to have seen that myself .
    There was something on the other week that monitored a man with ASD and one without both watching a clip .
    It monitored eye movement .
    We tend to focus on faces and read expressions to gleen are information.
    Someone with ASD will rarely focus on the face for information.
    I experienced an incident myself this year.

I would loved to have seen this.
    My job is to often put myself in an Autistic persons shoes and also literal thinking .
    Myself and a another person I worked with read a note the other day we read it literally ... We both looked at each other puzzled.
    Then laughed as we had still both been thinking in ASD mode.

It's a great book!

13. I've got to get up and get train to hospital at 5am :(
    I actually like having a GA as its a nice feeling being put out.
    But I come round really badly sometimes.
    Also it sends me loopy the night I've had it and I can only imagine it feels like what taking speeds like! I can't sleep I get restless..
    Also mad race to get my tongue piercings back in before they close up:(
    I will be so happy to have an op so I can ride again as last 3 weeks been hell.

14. Spent the day watching tv ( when the sky box was working), been too wet to be outside as its rained all day, wanted to cut down the silver birch trees out the front for the mancave but didn't fancy doing it in the rain :-(

15. Pete did NAS mention about it at all?
    If you hear of another one please could you let me know.

Thank you for making me aware of it Melanie

16. Archer but if you tap the trunk in spring the sap is delicious!

17. Not sure if NAS mentioned the play is in the newsletter, but the tickets for our party were organised by the local autism/aspergers group. Special price was only £15.

18. Wow that's good!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information