1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what have you done today..?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by figaro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. That is proper sad:wink:

Went out on the new Guzzi. Naturally it pissed down:mad:

2. I av cleaned my Dee16, my Argh-Gee-Veee and my Soooperdook - now about to give the dog a bath (wish me luck!)

3. I've been for a run out with Matt46, my mate Ed, Pixie1276 and her mate Geoff. Weather here has been gorgeous all day but from Barnsley to Sherburn the weather was dismal. Foggy all the way :eek:

Got back home around 3'ish and I've tightened up all the loose bolts I could find on the bike. Then I cleaned and polished it and put it away.

Wonder if it'll be out again before the spring???

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm just back from about 130 miles in the Jura. I promised myself that I'd take photos for you, but needless to say, once in the groove.... I just didn't want to stop. Only stopped once for petrol in about 3 hours. I road through forests of beech, larch and fir, underneath arches of stone, down little nadgery roads in gorges, through acres of dryish cowshit etc. etc.

Beautiful afternoon, though more traffic than you need in places (and various deviations which made it all longer and more complicated that might have been). Then in the final 30 miles, gave it a bit of thrash on the motorway (cos it was feeling a bit lumpy - can't really use many revs on those roads).

5. Are Ducati's a work of art or a work in progress?? :biggrin:

Drove out to Reading for a few days respite at my mates place - managed to fk my ankle up 30 minutes after getting there stepping off a low garden border wall trying to chase their rabbits back into their hutch...

Didnt bother to tie the laces on my trainers as it was only supposed to take a few minutes lol :frown::rolleyes:

MEH

6. Try twisting the right-hand grip...:wink:

7. 10 mile walk this morning. 100 miles on my Diavel this afternoon. 90 mins cleaning the bike when I got home. Now cooking a roast beef dinner & will crack open a bottle of red later for the perfect end to a perfect day.

Thats what I call therapy!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pop over here, twist the grip and see how you get on!

You'll do a Terry Tibbs.

9. That could become a Ducatiforum saying that....

And Terry could be famous....just not for winning.....more binning! :eek:

10. I had a bike like that once:frown:

• Like Like x 2
  11. As El T said ride out to Squires in the fog eeeek not so much fun having to ride with visor up there and back talk about splinters in the face and bug splat!! Better weather check next time!!! Loving my RVF!!!

12. Got an iphone... Check me the fook out...:tongue:

13. And riding it like an old pro. Not that I'm calling you a pro :tongue:

14. Loading up my 848 into a crate with kit to head off to Cartagena...sorry no pics so guess with forum rules appling its a lie eh :wink:

15. Managed to get my home phone line fixed after 10 days waiting for BT!!! Only got it fixed because I met a BT engineer working further down the road, and he agreed to have a look at it when he finished that job. Glad to have it back - felt completely lost without wi-fi, and I really missed this forum!

Then went out for a couple of hours and got caught in the rain :rolleyes:

Great ride though - discovered some really good flowing bends towards Salcombe, and stopped to pay my respects here:

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Took part in 'hogging the bridge' with my 7 year old laddie on the back, getting back to the runs destination, Chepstow, I saw these, polar opposites.
    Phwoar........
    [​IMG]

But why, god why, would you rattle can paint a 916/748 in morris marina blue?
    [​IMG]

Also inspected a couple of monsters which wore those cheap cans that are currently on ebay, looked good and sounded perfect.

17. Oh and ran the old xs 840 halco roadster around the block too.
    [​IMG]

18. I had the luck and privilege to meet the author of the definitive book on the subject a few years ago. He was also the landlord of the pub. Pat & I also spent time paying our respects. It is the least we can do.

19. Near to Blackpool Sands, is that the US tank they pulled up from the bottom of the channel, lost when they were practising for 6th June and it all went very badly?

• Like Like x 1
  20. It really is a great book isn't it. Sadly I never met the author but I have heard that his son is often there, and will happily share the stories of his Dad's work getting the tank recovered.

People are still researching the cover-ups that followed the tragic events of that night, and its possible that the casualty numbers are far far higher than even he thought.

Respect indeed.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information