1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speeding Fine

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mike willis, Sep 25, 2024.

1. No it sems to be a flat rate from each provider...seems like there is a large variation.

2. Online is usually same price

Attended course, the price varies on the county

3. No, it is down to what Force you get caught by.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Apparently not. I've managed to find Hartlepool online for £73 (recommended by reddit!)...some are over £90

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Paid £80 for mine, offence in West Midlands awareness course in Staffirdshire.

Some attended from Derbyshire too as the fees were around £15 cheaper.

6. The less you pay, the less aware you will be at the end of the course and obviously, as you’re not doing the course simply to avoid harsher punishment at the hands of the UK’s suffocating disciplinary bureaucracy, you’ll want to book a course which is of the highest possible quality. Hence, if you’re serious about your speed awareness, you’ll need to book the £90-odd course.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Haha..I've worked in education, it is rare that there is a correlation between cost and quality....Anyways as a practicing Lawyer are you not part of the overwhelming bureaucracy? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

8. I paid around £100 each for both of the awareness courses I've been on and I've still got 9 points on my licence.
    Should I ask for a refund as they've clearly not worked in my case?
    Joking aside I'm now terrified of being refused insurance or quoted a price that this OAP can't afford.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Still waiting to receive a speeding fine, which to be honest has come as a surprise as I was really careful driving. Not sure if this is some care rental company scam.
    There must be some sort of time limit on how long they take to fine you, you’d have thought.

10. Absolutely not! Just the opposite, as the majority of my work involves taking up cudgels on behalf of an individual against one or more iterations of “The Man”.

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. But you don't have to pay since 2016 unless the Froggies keep score and arrest you when you go back. Plus they won't send via courier so you would naturally say the letter never arrived...

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Interesting. I had a similar experience driving the old Porsche over in Ireland on a couple of occasions to which I was guilty of.
    My brother-in-law was a in the Guards at the time his advice was to simply ignore it, to which I did. Never heard a thing.
    Don’t way to upset the rental company over €42

13. Might be a dumb question but unlikely to be the last so...

Do i have to declare these points that have been expired but not removed on a new car policy?

TIA

points.PNG

14. It will say on the insurance proposal asking any offences in the last X years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Somewhere in there, the question about driving offences will be time limited. Some insurers/underwriters ask if you have had convictions in the last 3 years and some in the last 5 years. Without delving through the small print, I think both my bike and car were 5 years at the last renewal. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. When I got my 10 day ban, I wrote to my insurers saying I'd learnt my lesson ...... Neither of my policies went up on the next renewal

• Like Like x 1
  17. Most endorsements remain valid for three years from the date of the offence, but, you must still declare them, if asked, for five years

Things like drink driving or careless driving do say on your licence for longer

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Thanks you’re right it’s 5 years which seems odd if it’s removed completely after 4. Good old insurance scammers.

I ended up declaring it and it came out at just under £300 cheaper than my current provider was quoting me.

I’m currently trolling their support team who’ve started writing to me in red haha.

19. Its always been 5 years on any policy I've bought for cars or bikes during the last 10 years. I'm surprised the time period hasn't increased as they are such money grabbing barstardos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I paid £88 for my fabulous coarse. I’ll never go to north wales ever again. Cameras everywhere. My wife was infront of me on her monster. I was behind on my streetfighter. I get a ticket for 24mph in a 20. My wife got away with it again. Tried to get the picture on line but was unavailable

Do Not Sell My Personal Information