1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speeding Fine

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mike willis, Sep 25, 2024.

1. Sorry to hear, are you tempted to wear a long-haired wig next time?

#141 Chris, Oct 18, 2024 at 3:14 PM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2024 at 7:19 AM
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Jebus don’t be giving them anymore ideas.:worried:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Why do they even ask you about your points? Trying to get you to lie? They have access to the central points DB, don’t they?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. So the law is:

"Once your convictions are spent, the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (ROA) gives you the right not to disclose them when applying for insurance. For example, spent motoring convictions do not need to be disclosed when applying for car insurance. This applies no matter what question an insurance company asks. Most will only ask for unspent convictions, although some might ask for ‘any convictions in the last 5 years’. If it’s spent, you do not need to disclose it under any circumstances when applying for insurance."

Now, the insurance robbers can access an individuals driving record to know what you current convictions are, but not any expired ones. I therefore assume they are asking us to give information -which its legal to do- just to shoot ourselves in the foot by disclosing information we can all legally withhold. Which would be entirely in character...

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. how long will points stay on your licence once you are awarded them, these days?
    asking on behalf of my neighbour.

#145 Chris, Oct 19, 2024 at 4:54 PM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2024 at 5:13 PM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Exactly. I didn’t declare my 6 points with my current provider. They just texted me and said you’ve got six points we’ve added another £100 and divided it monthly. Such a fuss about nothing.

7. It depends on the offence, things like speeding, 3 years from date of offence, Drink Driving stays on your licence for 10 years

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Only if they also have your driving licence number which they do ask if you’ll volunteer it on some quotes I’ve gone through.

9. They count against you for the term stated, they stay on your licence for a further year; in the event that you commit another offence, it means they have a year to get you to court and the magistrate will be aware of what a naughty boy (or girl) you were at the time of the offence, rather than sentencing against a clean licence.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. 4 years I think. I’ve just had my license go squeaky clean mode after a 4 year discrepancy. If only they knew… bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha…. Etc…

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. many of us on here know that it's not "if" it's "when", and the net is closing now sadly* and it's not like there's an easy alternative anymore as trackday accessibility is slowly diminishing. I can remember going to a trackday where you could lap round and round until you ran out of fuel and even then you had time to pop up the road, fill up and start all over again.

*still talking about my neighbour here, just quoting.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I read somewhere recently that within 10 years the countryside would be full of puce faced gammons like me driving their sports cars …. And I think it’s true!

13. KInda like Wales -but there they made most of the country a 20mph zone...

#153 Jez900ie, Oct 19, 2024 at 11:04 PM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2024 at 11:23 PM
  14. exactly, wish i'd ventured there more often now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. A slight exaggeration.....

16. is it only 96% of the country then Ivor?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maybe 4%, built up areas only, where you shouldn't be speeding anyway.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 37% of Welsh roads (by length) are now 20mph.

19. But they're all in Cardiff

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. There’s few 20mph villages that I go through from where I live to my mates in Builth Wells, but they that short a distance it not worth speeding through and risking a pull.

37% seems a lot though more than I would have guessed at.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information