1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotted: Sheds

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, May 15, 2022.

1. Hahaha……16” poverty spec wheels (no doubt fitted with 4 different brands of Chinese tyres), a mahoosive fuck off wing AND a towing ball? It’s like the Swiss Army knife of budget motoring!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. We were all young once Zhed :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mate, I had a Datsun 280ZX from which, one summer when I was in my 20s, I decided to strip all the paint in anticipation of saving labour costs on a back to bare metal respray. I undertook this mammoth and very messy task on the road outside my then flat, in a leafy and very upmarket area of London (Muswell Hill), and this harebrained scheme was brought to fruition through a combination of many litres of Nitromors, many joules of elbow grease, the occasional use of a belt sander and, frankly, sheer bloody-mindedness.

So far, so annoying, for my curtain-twitching Chablis-quaffing, polenta-eating middle class neighbours, but at least they had a break from looking at the developing eyesore outside their million pound houses as I used to drive this monstrosity to work every day. Better yet, not only did the partially stripped areas look as if they’d been attacked by moths or a plague of locusts, the bits that had been stripped back to bare steel were starting to go rusty. But, the piece de resistance of which I am most proud, is that the jalopy had two 17” Enkei wheels (powder coated white) on the front, a 14” Minilight (sprayed gold) on the NS rear and a 15” space saver spare on the other side.

It also had a very loud sound system, which, when it wasn’t playing choons, was often broadcasting Radio 4 at volumes that Deep Purple would have been proud of.

For some reason, I kept getting pulled over by the constabulary……

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. Are you my long lost twin brother ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Such descriptive language, it felt as though I was being targeted for curtain-twitching!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. Please tell us you have pictures of this abomination?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I think used to. I’m moving house soon so the pics may well turn up while I’m rummaging though boxes etc. If I find ‘em, I’ll post ‘em.

• Like Like x 3
  8. The M2? I think it looks great! But not that daft stacked exhaust…

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. upload_2023-12-29_13-22-25.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. 368B214C-8311-4A8C-9AE3-FBB77F59EA19.jpeg

• WTF WTF x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. Great parking skills too....

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Yeah but you wouldn’t want anyone bumping into that masterpiece tbf.

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. To be honest I’d be parking my van like that given the hedge on the N/S. Given how stingy the retail parks and others are with parking bay width I invariably try and park on an end bay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. What is it that I'm missing with rear spoilers... even as just a styling exercise they look bloody awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. upload_2023-12-30_15-28-29.jpeg

“@Ferdinand_Porsche has entered the chat”

Oddly, I’d never seen one of these in the wild until about a month ago and since then I’ve seen 5.

When it comes to cars I have the aesthetic sensibilities of an 8 year old boy, meaning that I’m fan of big wings, strakes and fins etc, so the GT3 RS is right up my street. Funnily enough, when it comes to motorbikes, I have the opposite opinion and I hate the way MotoGP bikes have sprouted aerofoils and spoilers over the last few years.

16. And it doesn’t matter how empty the car park is, without fail, some c*nt will always come and snuggle up right next to your driver’s door. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. That looks shite, even being on the rear of a 911 won’t stop that looking like an oversized drinks tray…….

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. This is true, many a time I’ve parked well away in a seemingly abandoned area of a car park only for that exact Kurt to do such.:mad::mad::mad:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information