1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotted: Sheds

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, May 15, 2022.

1. IMO, 911’s need a wing in order to give them the hunkered down high rear end/low front end silhouette that a supercar needs to makes them look purposeful and primed for action, like a fighter jet or a sprinter in the blocks. Otherwise, they look unfinished, too delicate and a bit pants. The GT3 RS does push that idea to its limits though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I reckon they could have made the rear wing a bit bigger. Bloody conservative Germans.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Why the heck would you want or need one on a car on the road ?
    Unless of course you want to do a last minute bit of ironing ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I just prefer the 80’s Whale tail look to the modern downforce look.

5. Or the original Mk1 996 GT3, as that wing was “swoopy” which harmonised with the curved lines of a 911. The angularity of the GT3 RS wing kind of clashes.

upload_2023-12-30_19-19-7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Because it shouts “Bow down before me, scum, as this wing signifies that this car is no ordinary 911”. I imagine homologating the model for motorsport probably also had something to do with it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. IMG_7563.jpeg 3 million quid shed parked outside our local cinema the other day.

[​IMG]

#547 gc6269, Dec 30, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  8. IMG_5624.jpeg.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Well this thread has taken a turn for the better!

10. Even on summat like the GT3 RS these mahoosive spoilers always look to me a little... well... what's the word... gauche :grinning:

I notice on other super cars, Mclarens, Ferrari's et al they don't have anything of the sort bar a smaller spoiler that's styled into the cars aesthetics. And even with a lot more style & elan they must do pretty much the same job.

So perhaps it is as you say later purely for racing homologation reasons. Still looks naff mind, even on a race track.

11. Couldn’t get a decent pick of the car full length but believe me when I say it’s potentially number one shed out there. Hopefully you can see and appreciate the snuggest fitting body kit in all its glory.

(why is it always BMWs btw? :joy:)

IMG_5956.jpeg

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Oh, that’s absolutely superb. The cut out for the petrol flap is the true mark of a maestro.

upload_2023-12-31_13-27-34.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Totally, but also adding to it is what looks like rivets installed the wrong way round on the boot lip spoiler. :joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Believe it or not it was the first thing i "spotted" as i walked past it with the dogs yesterday, Sawbos answer to kindig customs lol.
    I mean ive botched the odd job in my time, but that's like theyve got their XL bully to bite out the new profile.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Thanks for getting the thread back on track. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. A real craftsman at work, how does he do it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. It's the invisible fixings that show this as the work of a true shed savant...:cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. A mate had a sierra cosworth in the 80's, the huge whale tail was the perfect place for your pint pot in the pub car park ;-)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ahhhhh!………….didn't think of that :rolleyes:

20. Wow different class of cinema goer there, ours might have a Focus ST on a good day

If I won the lottery big, this would be the only car I would buy. One of the last hypercars before they went all ruined by electric gubbins

Do Not Sell My Personal Information