1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotted: Sheds

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Advikaz, May 15, 2022.

1. What about the Gordon Murray Automotive T.50? Surely that has to be in the running for the purist’s choice?

Cosworth V12.
    996kg(!)
    Proper manual gearbox.
    3 seats.
    Driveable on narrow British roads, as it only has the same footprint as a Porsche Boxster.

• Like Like x 3
  2. That is for sure something I may of overlooked before that video, a worthy successor to the poster F1 - that engine noise is amazing

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Every single thing about it is amazing, and the attention to detail borders on the pathological, although if I’m being picky, I’m not mad keen on the colour.

I doubt we’ll ever see anything like it again.

#563 Zhed46, Jan 3, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  4. upload_2024-1-8_23-15-31.jpeg
    :joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fiesta 1.4 Ghia in all its rallying glory spotted at lunchtime today.

IMG_6070.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Hardly a shed. More like some chap (I presume) having a little fun with his cheap daily runaround.
    Apart from the stickers, looks in very good unmolested nick for it's age.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

7. It’s got a face only a mother could love, but there’s F1 and T.50 DNA in that funny little car, as it had a composite (glass fibre rather than carbon fibre) monocoque chassis, a flat floor undertray and a primitive blown diffuser.

8. upload_2024-1-4_20-43-0.png
    Very primitive.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Never been a kit car enthusiast but I can see the Marcos DNA. Innovation didn't contribute to the company's longevity, I stopped digging when they started mentioning using Metro parts :joy: Andy

10. IMG_3895.jpeg

It’s on the later models. There’s some sort of venting system in the undertray which channels the hot air from around the exhaust system (rather than the exhaust gases themselves), presumably exiting through those slots in the rear bumper to create a bit of downforce.

11. And being a 90s ford it’ll no doubt start to rise in value soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. More mods on the way by the looks of things

IMG_6105.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Could be a security measure?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. At least he’s helping out by removing the wheel all a geezer needs is a Jack and he away with a quality wheel.:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. I like his taste in front wheels.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. One Shed to rule them all....:fist:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. My money is on wider rims and stretched tyres...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Race ready obviously.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information