1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprocket Retaining Plate.

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Mr-Superlight, Sep 2, 2022.

1. Can I be really honest.

As much as I admire the work that’s gone in to designing an alternative solution, it’s an expensive alternative to proper maintenance of the original system.

But obviously a big threaded nut with a locking washer is the ideal solution to holding the front sprocket on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Tough crowd.....

I agree

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I’m not sure whether your post deserves a :upyeah: or a :joy:. Either way, you’re spot on as usual .

• Love You Love You x 1
  4. I appriciate those who admire the job, but I have never wished to scam or broke someone's bike. I think it's better to leave this conversation because I don't find sense to continue.
    If a customer didn't find the product to be usefull there are ways to claim a refund.
    It is not easy job to machine parts and that is why the price for someone is high. Also Ducati is not a cheap brand to talk about price... In most of the post I see more "If" than facts and also "as I said i'm not an engeneer", but in the mean time talks like one. Since the crowd is tough I don't wish to be publicly mocked. Therefore I will withdraw(delete) the thread.
    Stay safe and don't buy the aluminium retainer, it's made in Bugaria ex sovient union country.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ivan,
    I think I was the person who re-started the group chat on this item.
    I speak for only myself here. Nobody else.
    I do not think for one moment that anybody on this forum thinks that you are scamming or intendeding to cause damage to anyone's machine.
    You have brought an alternative to the table for consideration. I don't think that it is unreasonable to get a mixed revue. Some comments you may like, others you may not. As long as the disagreeable comments have some form of validity, then I don't think it reasonable to cast them aside without warrant.
    I get the feeling that you are upset with your perception of negativity by some posters on here.
    May I suggest you are mistaken in the mood of the room. A previous poster has already said that nobody is mocking you. I wholeheartedly agree with that.
    Ivan, please read that bit again..NOBODY is.
    It's called banter.
    I'm not an engineer. I've worked with many that call themselves one over the years, many good, some fantastic, others...???? .but what is in a title??
    A degree in David Beckham....
    Media studies...
    I can fly an aeroplane (as opposed to a plane). It doesn't make me an authority on aviation but it does give me an insight as to what to look at in certain circumstances.
    I'm a big boat skipper...that doesn't make me a nautical architect. It gives me an insight in what to look at in certain circumstances.
    I can work my way around spanners...had about 30 different bikes in my lifetime and half as many cars and can spot an anomolie when I see one.
    I'm not an engineer but I've a lifetime of engineering problems that I've sorted through. Got help (as on this forum) when expectation exceeds ability. I take that advice humbly, thankfully but measured.
    So..
    The crowd is indeed tough but if you can't taken any form of (valid) criticism in your stride then maybe you are not cut out for running a business.
    You will probably never get this again in your lifetime....so take a snapshot.....more so from a scouser..
    I propose a truce...
    If I have offended your feelings..I apologise.
    I don't believe in your product but so what !!!!
    It's your call to cancel the thread. You do what you think is best for you.
    I think there have been positive comments on this and maybe you could consider them to improve your product...or don't. Your call.
    Feedback can be both positive or negative..it's up to you to decide. This is not an East -V-West situation...I personally would welcome ideas from anywhere around the world on anything if it is an improvement on the previous. It doesn't mean I have to act on them.
    Slainte (Irish for cheers)-health.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Apologies for the spelling mistakes.

7. Good Luck Ivan, i watch with interest to see your next products.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information