1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Damper

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Vindaloo, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Was it a shop or company you bought it of Fleabay?

If your rotating you bars forward to adjust your rider posture I will be interested in your results & findings if you have retained the standard bars.

2. I am considering the Ohlins upgrade. Did you clarify the warranty implications with Ducati, before you fitted the Ohlins active ECU?

3. Ok back yesterday from a 387 mile round do trip to Exmouth (happy birthday Ricky).
    Love the steering damper. It must have at least 50 clicks from soft to hard and they aren't linear.
    I'm running 4-5 clicks off stiffest and that suits me. Any stiffer and I won't be able to park it.
    Any softer and it appears to do nothing. I'm sure a racer would say different. Great bit of kit, no high speed wobbles, a slight weave when pushing the barn door of a screen at take off speeds, along a sweeping bend.
    WRS was the supplier on flebay. No on the Öhlins ecu questions as my bike is out of warranty and do you know how easy it is to break an Öhlins fork anyway!

4. Got mine fitted, bit fiddly to fit for big numb fingers

P1010407.jpg P1010408.jpg P1010409.jpg P1010410.jpg

P1010407.jpg

P1010408.jpg

P1010409.jpg

P1010410.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. not linear-not good

6. not at extreme speeds on the autobahn of course (!) two up on a skyhook 2013. Really well behaved on Michelin PR3s. My Speed Triple felt more edgy at 20-30mph less on the same tyres.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. You found your way here then Phil............welcome to the forum :D

8. Yes the Ohlins WRS damper kit will.
    Mine was fitted to a 2010 MTS1200S / OHLINS forms. Then moved to my 2013 Pikes Peak.
    2013 and 2014 sky hook bikes are identical.

Perfect steering damper, faultless and peerless IMHO

#31 AirCon, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
  9. Thanks for the info, will order today.

10. Well I am obviously doing something wrong ??
    Does the arm off the damper rest on top of the clamped fixed point ? I have a gap of about 6mm between the two, I can't seem to get the sleeve with the flange on the end to fit it seems too long ??
    Can someone post a pic of what this looks like under the Carbon cover please !

11. Where are you?

12. I think I have sorted the problem, does the sleeve pass through the slot in the arm of the damper, if so the slot in mine isn't big enough the sleeve doesn't pass through !!. I'm going to have to machine a big enough slot.

13. Glad someone else had a wobble. 2017 1200s skyhook wobble at speed. Most on here say its because the suspension not set up right but happened again last night at 1--- mph. Surely its cheaper to buy one of those than give all my money to Andrex

14. What about 2018 1260s get wobble at 130 on autobahn reduced if I increase preload
    Tried multi v4 has dampener too much money and don’t like 19 inc front

15. I fitted a steering damper on my DVT. I always fit dampers irrespective of 'need' cos I like heavier steering. I intensely dislike a head shake. :)

I originally had a Ducabike tank mounted unit - which I was never keen on, then switched to a more discrete CNC Racing under-yoke type.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one I had and then took off

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information