1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupid phrases on numberplates

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by mattmccabebrown, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mine has the name of a fish,,, apparently

I may need to change that now

2. No he wasn't. But the DVLA were pissed off when they realised they'd released that plate to him.

3. Back in the day, Fiona Richmond -Vicars daughter & famed topless model, had the registration FU 2.

4. Neil Young lyric also.

5. On the back of a riders T-shirt "If you can read this, the bitch fell off!" and on a car "If you can read this, Ive lost my caravan"

6. I nearly mentioned that I thought it was a travesty this quote being attributed to Highlander.

7. Can someone explain the difference between burning out and fading away, aren't they quite similar?

8. Burn out is surely meant "in a blaze of glory". Fading away is just disappearing into anonymity. Neil Young also uses the line "It's better to burn out than it is to rust" if that makes things any clearer.

9. But burning is oxidation and rusting is oxidation in the presence of water.

So it's better to have no water? Please explain.

10. Time taken for the process to occur, I think Loz.

Time you went to poetry classes!

11. I attended a poetry class once but they threw me out when I said I had no change for the metre.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That's a good first line. Take it from there.
    I decided long ago that I was no good at poetry, although I like writing (you don't say...). But in my band we need some words to go with the tunes, so I have set my sights lower and think I'll just do lyrics. When you look at rock lyrics, the standard is low, so not to hard to improve on most of them. The Haiku thread is also inspiring me.

It's only rock and roll...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information