1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Succession Of Problems On 2015 Dvt

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Lgresh, Feb 26, 2016.

1. They're all the same!
    Having replaced my mates LC GS because of clutch drag (and many others for the same reason - see UKGSER), BMW told me that same issue on my LC GSA was 'character'. Suffice it to say I got rid and bought the MTS.
    Not only has it been a great bike for me (with a gearbox that actually works) but even better and most surprisingly the customer service I have received from M & S Motorcycles, Newcastle, has been outstanding and better than BMW Sunderland.
    For every positive story there's is a negative and vice versa.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Got mine back after a 2 week warranty fix for new ECU.
    Not an acknowledged fault apparently (but not the only one that week).

3. got mine back this week. DVT on its third fuel sender unit and second exhaust.

4. So they're replacing the faulty fuel senders with the same part ?
    Really ?
    They can stick it up there arses if they think I'm going to keep running it back to them if they keep doing that, I'll give it one shot and one only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. yep, all model "D" sensor.

Great huh?

6. I wish Ducati could read some of this.

7. Well I would if it was my business.

8. The head of Ducati UK is a Forum member, but doesn't show often :)

9. Don't blame him considering the stick he would likely get regarding quality control of parts they source and obviously don't do a great deal of pre-testing before production, fuel sensor being a classic example.

10. ;)

#170 Hyperextended, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  11. Yea really! I mean, why isn't the head of Ducati UK here on this forum telling us all the answers we want to hear?

12. ;)

#172 Hyperextended, Jul 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  13. When i took a 2015 multi for test ride they said dont worry about the fuel light as its full (fuel light on), I have bought the bike before reading on this forum its a known issue!

14. No one ever has tho, its always very respectful, funny that none seem to give him the what-for they say they will..

15. For info only,

When my DVT was in last week, the dealer replaced the brake and clutch levers due to corrosion. The corrosion was all around the adjuster.

Interestingly, the adjuster sits directly behind the hole in the hand guard, so rain hits it directly.

Just thought you may want to check your own

regards

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Hi there as a new member I consider myself a very fortunate over my years of Ducati ownership of various models that I haven't had the amount of issues so many have had on this forum. My 916 has now covered 46000 miles with 1 x battery and clutch plates only been replaced, with a FSH keeping it ticking away, always a pleasure to take out round the twisties yet.
    I have a 2015 MTS 1200s with 12000 miles now on it, only issue was my battery seemed a bit low so my dealer Duc Glw swapped it with their demo bike some 18 months ago, job done. Never any issues with that again or anything else to date 2 plus years on.
    I took a ride on the new Enduro version when it came out and really liked it, so bought it and also kept the 2015 MTS.
    5000 miles on the Enduro now and loving it both on sealed and unsealed roads, its so different from the standard MTS.
    To date no issues except yesterday the fuel gauge is giving a false reading which appears to be a common complaint on here so will wait and see what the dealers have got to say about it.
    But I must say both bikes have brought me miles of smiles.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bought my 2016 in Sept last year....just returned yesterday from a 3000 mile trip around Europe and its performed faultlessly...suppose i'm one of the lucky ones.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Would appear there are lots of lucky ones out there ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. With the exception of having the front discs replaced under warranty after 2850 miles and then having the replacements "loosened, centred and retightened", my 2016 S has been absolutely spot on brilliant. Now clocked over 5K and loving every minute :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. ^^ Hoping he hasn't just put the kiss of death on it ^^ :cold_sweat:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information