1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide Stand??

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Jan 3, 2024.

1. My mates 748S has one
    My 1098S doesn't

2. Using a complete 1098 side stand assembly is a plug and play replacement for the 748. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Exactly where my mate is going with his I think Andy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. My 916sps 97 model still has a flip up, not a problem just train your mindset when using.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not the majority view, I realise, but I love them - I wish all bikes had them.

6. Modded all mine to do away with it....Stoopid Italians!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. My 96 916 had a suicide stand, not any more, I switched the bracket on the back of the stand, top pic was the original bracket, bottom pic is the replacement, about £10 off the bay of fleas, and a bit of time to fit it
    20210619_170245.jpg
    20210619_171045.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Do you have a link to the bracket per chance?

TIA

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Excellent. Thank you.

10. My RT450 has one.

11. Don't follow the sheep be an individual.:upyeah:
    The only time i really got concerned when i had a flat rear tyre and it was left at the Harley place in Lower Dicker overnight, i was on tenterhooks all night.

12. They do a version for 851 too, which is a godsend after that flip up stand.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello there British friends why are you calling it the suicide stand? I remember you called a tipe of door suicide door it was a fiat ,500.

14. Because its too easy for the stand to flip up when you move the bike, and then you drop it. The repair bill for the new panels makes you question your life.

I don't know about the Cinquecento, but the original VW T1 camper has split side doors (rather than the sliding door that got fitted from '68 onwards) which meant if you didn't lock the door properly they could open and you could fall out...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. My 996SPS does, I think

16. Check your multistrada sidestand nut,... 67,000+ miles mines given up the ghost & had bent the original axel rod & stand housing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Like a Boeing 737 Max?

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. My old monster had one, An engineer called Tony Brancatto made it safe

19. I seem to remember doing this to my 916 Bip (years ago).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information