1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sun 18th May - Sw Italian Day At Compton Abbas Airfield

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Dave, May 1, 2014.

1. Will see if we can drum up a few more at the SW Ducatisti pub meet tonight

2. Have stuck it on fb

3. About half a dozen said they'd be going this evening

4. is it just pitch up, grab a ice cream, then off again or entry by ticket, pay to get in type event? Thinking we may swing on for said ice-cream then head down to West bay for chips, as weekend looking so good

5. Just pitch up I believe - no ticket req'd. Check the airfield website for details

6. No ticket required.

Around 6 of us ,so far, are meeting at the Hazelgrove Services (BA22 7JE) on the A303/A359 roundabout near Sparkford at 1030 for a bimble along to Comton Abbas.

7. Sadly I won't be able to make this one-I shall be enjoying the delights of a weekend break staying in a vineyard on the welsh /English border..... I shall be tasting wine -extensively-also........

Hopefully make the next meet up..

8. Well a few of us will dip in on way to somewhere exotic for lunch :) maybe be 3 or 4, maybe 10 or 15...who knows, I'm a popular guy ;)

9. Think we might drop in
    Via hilltop for brekkie:)

10. We made it, we had to park miles away, we had to queue for food for ages, we spoke to no one, we had a row with a guzzi riding c*nt, we had a blatt down to Swanage after. Good day ;)

11. Sorry to hear that bradders, what time did you arrive? We got there at around 1130 and parked behind the MV dealer's tent. I got to meet several people who I only knew as forum names before today and, being an Italian bike owner, you could have jumped the queue. I didn't know about the queue jump privilege until today I'm afraid.
    This is the first time that they have held The Italian Job. If they do it again next year then perhaps we can get a bit more organised and have a Ducati area.

12. We got there about 1230 and We were all on Ducatis but they wouldn't let us turn left. So we ended up half way down the grass on the rhs. Was a lovely day.

13. OK, my fault I'm afraid. The organiser did ask me how many I thought might attend. At that time I only knew of about half a dozen, had I realised how many would support the event then I would've requested a designated area.

14. Hey no biggie no foul. Normally i'd have ignored them and gone where i wanted anyway but was distracted by the piss taking I was about to get for the route i chose lol

15. That's where I boxed cunning...not knowing the area I employed a lead-out train. Had a lovely, rapid, ride in and all I had to do was follow the sound of Dave's Desmoseidiici!!

16. Ha that's were u went wrong Bradders
    I arrived on the BM and was promptly shown a parking slot behind the MV tent
    :).
    But we still had to queue for drinks,
    Ho and also took in zig zag hill due to road closures ,still dam fine day for a bike ride :)

17. Pics courtesy of theoldbuzzard

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]