1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superbowl

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by gliddofglood, Feb 3, 2014.

1. It's simple but counter intuitive. You create a new thread and there is a box to check at the bottom for it to be a poll. You submit the thread and only then can you write the questions to the poll. Give it a whirl. I think you're right though. Most people on here seem to hate all sport apart from bike racing.

2. This could help! :smile:

3. Ive already on that journey - been excercising regularly for the last few years, eat what I want on the weekend, eat properly during the week....don't drink (never have) don't smoke (never have) but my weak spot is food, hence the weekend blow out. For all of that it keeps me "normal looking"....

I don't hate sport, I just find that the sports I don't like more often than not are grass-based...as lots of people have said before some bloke gets paid my mortgage every week for kicking a ball, poor saps that actually go to watch them are financing it! incredible...

McGuinness for example has a genuine talent (not just him, anyone that does it) to remain that focused at that speed and essentially one wrong move or miscalculation and he's toast (im picturing the TT here as that's the only live bike racing I go to) - you cant not admire that. Plus on top of that lets say he does win- what does he get - 50k-ish....that's worth every penny in my book...

Grass sports stuff is popular - that's why its high paying but only because the general public will finance it in whatever form, by buying the merchandise, paying at the turnstile, or paying for TV rights.

Ill contradict myself here as the Moto Gp Is the first time that I know where a premium has been slapped on the sport I like to watch to it does in all fairness contradict what ive just said....undecided at the moment....

4. Looking back at my life.....if there was one thing I think I was good at it would be skating. Spent the best part of my life from 13 to 23 at the local ice rink - used to virtually live down there. I would say at the time after years of speed sessions and being rake thin (not now though) me and a few mates did get to the point where we couldn't corner fast enough on hockey skates. I have been watching the speed skating thinking - "i could beat them..." (although that's wishful thinking as whenever I get back on my hockey skates its like riding a bike) + I don't think id have the stamina....that and 15 stone of weight!

5. Sport - involves "sportsmanship"... Game - involves "gamesmanship"... ergo football/soccer/kiss-ball is a game.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information