1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprise New Ducati to be Announced next Week?!?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dave, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Yeah, if they really wanted to surprise me or get me to open my wallet, a new sports tourer or even a new SS concept would be the ones.

But I doubt it hugely. They are more interested in cutting the target market into ever finer slivers. How many new punters would a 4 valve Hyper get?

On the likely surprises front, which no one has mentioned, what about a baby Diavel? (prob for the female and Born Again markets).

2. It's going to be a 1200 hypermotard using the Multi engine

3. They already have one, it's called the Monster :tongue:

4. This is what I've heard as well - 1100cc was suggested but not sure how true that is.

5. Was this at the Presidents meeting Ant? :rolleyes::wink:

6. I'd like to see them make a 125 sports bike. Something like the Aprilia RS 125.

It could be raced, there's plenty of great riders come up through 125. Get the grass roots interested in Ducati earlier on. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

8. Not at the actual Presidents meeting but when we did the welcome gala dinner that Ducati put on for us and we managed to get some of the senior management team very drunk and kept asking questions until they caved in.

Excellent week, met some great people and rode on some brilliant roads on bikes loaned by Ducati. Misano was awesome as well, with the free test rides on the 1199, watching the racers rag it round in with the 1199 tests and having Nicky Hayden wheelie past and do the full length of the start-finish straight on the back wheel!

I'm sure you'd have loved it if you'd take that broom out of your arse long enough to go.

:rolleyes:

9. Ahh a 1200 hyper me thinks :biggrin: That is one hideous end can it looks like it should be on a GTR 1400 :eek:

10. I'd be quite interested in a new hyper, sorting that end can out of course .

I just want one that'll do slightly better mileage but be more fun and still more hooligan than the multi.

Having just come off tour using the blade again I'm in need of something more upright for future jaunts in europe but still great fun.

11. There is one called SF

12. Nah, they don't handle likea hyper mate, nothing like it.

I like the SF but for hooligan rides and serious corner scratching the hypers really are in a league of their own, I don't commute, I just do track days (track superbike) weekend blasts and a couple of euro trips a year and generally to twisty areas in Germany :)

Current hypers are great but before buying one of them and getting a larger tank I'd prefer to see this new one as I reckn it'll be Bang on.

If its half as sweet handling as the existing hyper but more comfy for longer trips if need be then it's gonna be epic.

13. What's wrong with the Hyper going 4V for a top-of-the-range nutter version?
    It happened with the Monsters, so it's natural progression and fits with Ducati's normal development paths.
    Ducati are also on the back foot with the KTM, so they need an utter box-of-frogs bike to win that back!

It may look like it has some parallels with the StreetFighter and even the MultiStrada on paper, but they will handle and look differently so will be bought by different markets. As a 2v 1100 owner I would consider upgrading to the new 4v model but not to an SF or a Multi!

14. Well hyper was to be Ducati's reply to supermotard market. 2V engine fits there perfectly with enough torque down low at an instant. Entire contraption is also light and quite small. Just do not know if Ducati version of top end engine would make sense in hyper style bike. You do not see ktm making superduke 2 with rc8 engine. Ducati should make a super light hyper with 2V 1200cc engine that had as much power per 100cc as bmw hp2 for example. In other words 1200cc 2V with higher compression pistons, better cams and cam timing plus if possible better porting job.

15. Better bloody not - I'll be getting divorced :frown:

16. Rossi rep!! :eek:
    we'll all be queuing up to bask in the reflected glory of a couple podiums in 2 yrs of racing..

a ducati rossi rep is a bit like an aaron slight RC45 rep...

i hate to be a turn coat, but come on Vale, get yer skiiny ass back on a Yamaha and set light to the tedious Moto Gp!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information