1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Test Ride Opinion: 1200 Dvt V Ktm Super Adv V Bmw 1000 Engined Thing

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, Apr 25, 2015.

1. P&H said they are getting an "early batch" being built in May, rather than some other dealers who were getting ones built in June.

No idea if this is correct or not as we're in a fact-free zone here.

2. We'll if the demand is there I am sure they will be building all along May. I never been in a factory but I am asuming ducati s a little more hand made then japoneese bikes.

3. My 1200S was shipped on 27/4, so 10-12 days to get to the dealers and 4-5 WORKING days to get it ready. So todays 12 days since it was shipped, fingers crossed next weekend -ish I should be able to pick it up.........

But I'm not holding my breath.:Nailbiting:

4. Jeez that's nearly three weeks from notification! I've not even had the notification part as yet. I just hope my dealer can't be arsed to let me know and the first I do know about it will be when he phones to say pick it up tomorrow!

Good luck with getting yours though and hopefully they won't take the full 5 days "getting her ready for you". It's like a preparation for a Maori wedding :Kiss::)

5. He said the 4-5 days is because of the options I have specified (and not all of them are in stock yet - no remote filler cap or Sat-Nav). I suppose they need to Tax and register it too which will take a few days?

Mine is from SMC in Sheffield, has anyone else ordered from them?

6. Just heard - my bike is built and incoming from Italy.

Note that Snells in Alton have two base models with Touring pack (grips, stand, panniers) "in progress" i.e. being built, and likely to be in the UK in 2 weeks. They are currently unaccounted for so give them a call on 01420 84480 if you want one.

7. I'm on a promise for Thursday 14 May to collect my 1200S from Snells. Here's hoping.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Looks like they're starting to land :upyeah:

9. I think some dealers are hoping not to overpromise and underdeliver. Mine has been invoiced 2 weeks ago and still no sign. The base models have appeared.

But should be in the next few days. 4-5 days to get ready? What bits have you got? Even a desmo service only takes a full working day!

10. My bike (1200S White) apparently left the factory yesterday - unfortunately by the time it gets to the dealer I'll be riding into Italy on my "old" bike (1200S MY2013). Looks like I'll be picking it up sometime in mid June when my wife and I get back from a tour of Sardinia. Bit of a shame, never mind I've got a two week tour around the Pyrenees with mate lined up for September plus at least a couple of runs down to Cornwall in June/August.

11. I think the 4-5 day thing is answerd in your 'not to over promise and under deliver'. We do it all the time at work, tell the client it will be a three week fit out, do it in two so you look like you've done a great job bringing it in well within program. Unlike saying it will be one week and doing it in two, you look idiots.

I've not had too much :Angelic:
    1200s in white - I wasn't bothered about the colour just the lead time.
    Touring pack
    Engine bars
    LED running lights
    Rad guard
    Sat-nav, if it ever arrives
    Remote fuel cap, ditto above
    Smoked touring screen
    Lip for touring screen
    Slip on exhaust
    Pannier liners

But it's all pie in the sky until it turns up. The dealers seem to be so busy at the moment that they don't get time to call you and keep you up to date with the progress. I had an email off my dealer (he replied to a question) and added my bike is now showing as shipped, which means he hadn't check for at least two days, maybe more.

12. Bmw s1000xr first test reviews are coming. It would be nice to test ride this new Beemer too.

BMW S1000XR review

13. Just press launches so far. Guess they too couldn't make the spring buying season.

14. Got a call from the local BMW dealer Friday saying they will have the new XR for testing about 23rd May

15. A little underwhelmed by that review I must say. The touring aspect (very important for me) appears to be lacking. More reviews to come which might be more positive, not that this wasn't but expected to think I should have waited before I ordered the new mutley.

16. S 1000xr is a nice machine for sure but for me that inline four engine is putting me off. I just do not get that feeling from that motor construction. A real motorcycle has two piston engine and real motorcycle company makes only motorcycles.

#56 Motohtori, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. That was my feeling when riding the S1000R (same engine). It's all a bit frantic. Smooth but frantic. The torque from the Ducati feels much stronger, and more relaxed when cruising too.

It'll be interesting to test ride the actual S1000XR to see how similar if feels engine-wise to the S1000R. if it's as low geared as the S1000R then I think they'll have made a bit of a mistake. If it's higher geared the torque will suffer more.

18. I think BMW is in a transition. What do they do about the R engine?

19. I'd mentioned that all the bikes at the show had loose seats, the one at P&H also was wobbly. (PS I rode the P&H bike when it first came in and I wasn't mechanically sympathetic to it at all, so maybe that loosened it up properly!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. The seat on Snell's demo MTS was secured properly :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information