1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test ride?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by LAW13, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Thanks for the input all.

Had chance to ride a friends 748 today - somewhat nervous being as it was someone else's pride & joy and all that but got off with a big grin!
    Had a moment when first pulled away, couldn't find the bloody pegs :rolleyes:
    Husband had a laugh at my pootling, I'd have found it easier carrying more speed apparently.

Am now very confused as I can ride it but feels like I've just started learning all over again - maybe it's just case of getting used to something so different :biggrin:

2. Oh that'll be OK, Gav, 998GSB is 4'6" tall and he manages just fine on his 998, he's still wearing his platforms from the 70's though!

3. I can tell you this:

Whenever I ride friends' bikes (and once there were 4 of us and we all tried each others: Fazer 1000, new Triumph Tiger, Fireblade) getting back on the 999 feels like riding on the back of a missile. Compared to all other bikes, it seems very solid, there is no leverage at the bars, and it has piles of low end torque. The whole think feels uncompliant and a bit strange. But after a few miles, it all makes perfect sense again.

What you get with the Duke is massive feedback from the front and the feeling that all corners could be taken far faster (which they probably can). I wouldn't swap it for anything, but they aren't the easiest or most natural bikes to ride and they definitely make more and more sense the faster you go.

4. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345366533.018641.jpg

Luce this was lovely to ride felt easier than Dizzy :)
    Feels comfy too

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345366533.018641.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information